Cape Fear Studios 2020 National 2D Exhibit
Cape Fear Studios
148 Maxwell Street
Fayetteville, NC 28301
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Competitions
State: North Carolina
Entry Deadline: 7/10/20
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Cape Fear Studios is proud to announce its 10th National 2D Competition. This juried competition is open to all artists, 18 or older, in the United States. The Exhibit will be on display August 28, 2020 through September 22, 2020 in the Cape Fear Studios Main Gallery in Fayetteville, NC.
Best of Show: $700
First Place: $300
Second Place: $200
Honorable Mention (2): $50 each
Show Juror: JJ Jiang of Cary NC.
JJ’s childhood was spent in China during the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution (1966-1976). During that era of madness, drawing, writing and reading poetry kept him safe and sane, and shielded him from the chaotic world outside. Drawing and painting have become inseparable parts of JJ’s life. They came to him naturally (and early) and have help shaped his view of the world and himself to a large degree.
As a fine artist, JJ draws his inspiration from both his eastern and western cultural roots, as well as his inquisitive mind and inner poetry. He excels in drawing, watercolor and oil painting, while exploring subjects such as: still life, landscape/cityscape, portrait and figure, Chinese calligraphy and brush painting. His work has been widely exhibited, collected and has won many awards..
JJ currently lives in Cary, North Carolina and is the founder and director of the Village Art Circle fine art gallery in the heart of downtown Cary. His unique art journey was written and published in the OUR STATE/North Carolina magazine, January 2015 issue.
- Maximum of two 2- dimensional entries per artist.
- Works must be completed in the past 2 years and not copied from any other artist or published materials, created under supervision, nor previously exhibited in Cumberland County, NC.
- Must be for sale.
- May not exceed 48”x48” including frame and must be properly wired for hanging. No saw tooth hangers.
- Work requiring extraordinary installation will be declined.
- Plexiglass required on all shipped works on paper.
- All 2-D painting and drawing media, hand pulled prints, and collage
- Diptych and triptych only accepted when created as a single concept in multiple frames, judges discretion shall rule.
- Photographs, recolored image transfers and digitally produced images will not be accepted.
- Entry fee is nonrefundable and is due by July 10, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Artists will be notified of acceptance/decline by email no later than July 24, 2020.
- Dates for delivery of work, shipped or hand delivered, are show below in the Competition Schedule.
- Exhibit label must be filled out and attached to the back of the work.
- The artist is responsible for insurance and the cost of shipping to/from Cape Fear Studios. Shipping guidelines and additional information will be sent with notification of acceptance.
*Any artist withdrawing an entry after acceptance will not be eligible to enter this competition for 2 succeeding years.
All works must be for sale. In the event a work is sold, Cape Fear Studios will retain a 30% commission of the sale price. State sales tax is applicable to all sales. No work may be withdrawn early from the show. Payment from sales will be made to the artist within 30 days after the close of the exhibit. Price must remain the same as listed on the entry form.
- July 10, 2020: Entry Deadline
- July 24, 2020: Notifications emailed for accepted entries
- Accepted works that are being shipped or hand delivered must arrive August 19-25, 2020 to Cape Fear Studios.
Cape Fear Studios is open between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m., Tuesday through Friday; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday; and closed on Sunday and Monday. Address: 148 Maxwell Street, Fayetteville, North Carolina.
August 28, 2020: Reception and Awards Ceremony: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
September 22, 2020: Exhibit closes (pick up works September 22-24, 2020 from11a.m.to 5 p.m.) Return shipping will begin September 22, 2020.
Work is submitted at the risk of the artist. While all possible care will be taken, Cape Fear Studios, its members or representatives, will not assume responsibility for any loss or damage incurred before, during, or after the exhibit. Cape Fear Studios, Inc. will insure all accepted works of art on the premises up to $2000 for the duration of the exhibit. Cape Fear Studios reserves the right to refuse any work that does not comply with all specifications or differs greatly from submitted digital images. Your signed entry form signifies your agreement with the terms and conditions stated herein, including granting permission to Cape Fear Studios to reproduce accepted paintings for advertising the 2020 Exhibition.