Exhibit: June 19 - August 27, 2020
1516 S. Cranbroook Rd.
Birmingham MI 48009
Contact Email: Info@BBArtCenter.org
Call Type: Competitions
Entry Deadline: 5/15/20
Days remaining to deadline: 38
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
- Online Application Process Opens --- Wed., March 20
- APPLICATION DEADLINE --- May 15, 2020
- Juror Results --- Tue., June 2 --- Posted on BBAC website, BBArtCenter.org; accepted & declined artists will be sent an email
- Intake of Accepted Artwork --- Tues.-Fri., June 9 -12, 10am-4pm + Sat., June 13, Noon-4pm
- Award Notification (by email) --- Thurs., Jun. 18 (by the end of the day)
- Exhibition Opens --- Fri., Jun. 19; Reception & Awards Presentation 6-8pm
- Exhibition Closes --- Thurs., Aug 27, 5pm
- Exhibition Outtake --- Fri., Aug. 28 & Sat., Aug. 29, 10am–4pm & Mon, Aug. 31, 10am-4pm
Participation is open to all artists 18 and older, living and working in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Wisconsin. Original works in all media (except video or canvas/gallery-wrapped copies) created and/or finished after January 1, 2019 will be accepted for consideration by the juror providing those works have not been previously exhibited at the BBAC.
Entry Fee: $40 (non-refundable) payable online by Visa, Mastercard, AmEx or PayPal only.
Entry Process: All applications will be processed online through CaFÉ™ at www.CallForEntry.org. CaFÉ™ is free to participating artists and includes detailed tutorials. After reviewing our prospectus AND the CaFÉ™ tutorial, if you have questions contact us via phone or email, and we will assist you. (248.644.0866; Info@BBArtCenter.org - please put MFAC in the subject line)
- An artist may submit up to two (2) entries. The $40 fee covers one or both entries.
- One image is permitted per each submitted work of art.
- IMAGE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ENTRY/ENTRIES
- Please refrain from using/showing your name in the image(s). Do not include borders.
- Images of 3D work must include all components intended for display.
- Please DO provide specific details; e.g., oil on panel; mixed media – clay, wood & found objects (not just “mixed”); acrylic on canvas with sewing threads, etc. The juror wants to know as much as possible about your artwork.
- Entries will be juried online only.
- All artwork displayed at the Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center (BBAC) shall be the original work of the artist. No reproductions will be accepted. No canvas wrapped copies or editions over 100.
- 2D WORK MUST BE PROPERLY WIRED FOR HANGING!
- Each accepted work must be identified with the following information: Artist Name, Address, Phone #, Email Address; Title; Media; and Price/NFS. (If the work is NFS – not for sale – an insurance value must be stipulated or the work will not be accepted for the exhibit.)
- The BBAC will accept responsibility for the works of art during the exhibition, but will not be responsible for any works delivered in damaged condition. Artists wishing to otherwise insure their work should contact their insurance agents directly.
- The BBAC is not responsible for work damaged if it is not picked up by August 31. Artists whose work is not picked up by that time will incur late charges.
- Condition reports will be made for each work upon arrival. Artists must note the number of parts or pieces per entry if more than one part or piece.
- Work MAY NOT, for any reason, be removed from the exhibit prior to the end of the exhibit.
- Maximum height of any artwork is 9' (ceilings: 10'). Weight restrictions will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
- Submission of a work for jurying shall constitute an agreement to comply with all the conditions set forth in this prospectus. The BBAC and juror reserve the right to a final selection of accepted works. Decisions made by the BBAC and juror are final.
- The juror and/or BBAC may exercise the right to reject any work not accurately represented by image; work that fails to meet eligibility requirements; work that exceeds gallery size or weight limitations; or work that is not shipped properly or does not arrive on time.
- All accepted work will remain as placed by the installation team and may not be withdrawn before the close of the exhibit.
- If a piece is of a delicate nature or easily damaged, please work with the exhibitions coordinator during intake for placement and installation.
- Artists are strongly encouraged to submit art that will be for sale.
- Work available for sale will be sold at the price indicated on the entry form only. No price changes permitted after acceptance into the exhibit.
- A 45% commission is retained by the BBAC on all sales made during the exhibition, to support the competition and the BBAC’s exhibition, education, and ArtAccess programs. The BBAC is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization.
Rights & Reproductions
The BBAC reserves the right to photograph exhibited work and use either these photographs or the artist's entry images in both print and electronic materials for publicity, promotion, education, and grant proposals.