Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Residencies
Entry Deadline: 6/11/20
Images - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 10
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 13
The EACH Foundation Studio Artist Residency aims to support artists by providing free studio space, exhibition opportunity and exposure to the public for one year. Candidates should live in Marin, or have significant ties to Marin, and can commit to regularly using the studio and participating in the program activities for one year.
Art Works Downtown offers a diverse mix of studio artists and mediums in the heart of the San Rafael commercial core for almost daily interaction with the public. The EACH Foundation Studio is a tiny studio located in the lower-level of the AWD complex. Art Works Downtown believes that the resident artist will stimulate new ideas among established AWD studio artists and vice versa. Our community will be better served as they recognize and understand the importance of supporting artists in their career endeavors.
- Free Art Studio, including utilities, fees and operating costs
- An environment that is supportive and empathetic to the creative process
- Solo exhibition in the Underground Gallery, which also provides exhibition experience
- Waived fees for AWD membership and juried exhibitions
- Representation on AWD’s newsletter, website, and social media
- Exposure to large groups of visitors every month during the 2nd Friday Art Walk event
- Scholarship granted for mandatory participation in Marin Open Studios
- Exposure to Gallery procedures and processes
- Exposure to the nonprofit arts organization operation
- Hallway display area
- Applicants should live in Marin County, CA, or within reasonable commuting distance. (If you do not quailify please do not apply. Your application will not be considered and our nonprofit will be charged).
- Applicants must commit to using the small studio space regularly.
- The floor space is 31 square feet, and includes a collapsible table.
- Dimensions: 96”h x 41”w x 108”d, table: 41”w x 23”d.
- Deadline to apply June 11, 2020
- Award announced in July of 2020
- Studio Residency to commence in September 2020 through August 31st 2021
- Donors Gallery exhibition: date to be determined
- Underground Gallery exhibition: date to be determined
Notification: Applicants will be notified of the results via email.
Application requirements include:
- 5 to 10 images and/or website
- Up to 2,000 Word Statement introducing yourself as an artist and your artwork
- A prime objective of the art studio space is for the artist to regularly use the workspace. This is not a showcase studio, it is a work and display studio. How do you envision using the space?
- How would an association with the Art Works Downtown artist community benefit you?What are your career ambitions as an artist?
- Name and contact information of one recommendation—an arts educator, gallerist, or arts professional is recommended.
- Links to support materials including a website.
There is no cost to apply.