3700 Forest Park Ave.
St. Louis MO 63108
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Proposals
Entry Deadline: 7/24/20
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 10
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 10
City Foundry STL Request For Mural Proposal
City Foundry STL is a large acre mixed-use development located in a former Federal-Mogul foundry plant in St. Louis, MO. The development includes restaurants, a large food hall, offices, a grocery store, a movie theater, a rooftop beer garden, and retail. See CityFoundrySTL.com for additional information.
At the center and heart of the development is a 30,000 sq ft Food Hall. This large space is designed to accommodate up to 20 different Food Concepts. The goal of the Food Hall is to “Celebrate St. Louis’ Food Talent and Innovation”.
The Owners of City Foundry have identified three locations at the entrances to the Food Hall, where they would like to commission murals. These locations will be referred to as Location A, Location B, and Location C. A photo and description of each location is in the Floor/Site plan link
Each artist may submit for any or all of the locations.
1. Completed applications must include the following information
- Contact Information
- A brief statement of your vision or design intent for the proposed mural
- A display board including a sketch or image of the proposed mural or otherwise representing the design intent for the proposed mural. All submissions must be oriented horizontally (landscape).
- Photos of examples of previous work and where this exists.
- A compensation proposal
The selection committee will consider all submissions in the context of the following criteria as they develop a shortlist of recommendations. City Foundry STL will use the same criteria to make their final selection.
· Submittal of all required application materials as outlined above
· Attention to context: architectural, historical, geographical, and cultural
· Originality, creativity, and uniqueness of the proposed artwork concept for this project
· Quality and clarity of mural design
· Appropriateness for placement on an urban pedestrian site
COMPENSATION and PAYMENT SCHEDULE
As part of the application, the artist must provide a proposed compensation for executing the mural or murals. The compensation should include all costs including time, materials, scaffolding, and any and all costs needed to perform the work. The artist shall also provide a W-9.
City Foundry will compensate the artist on the following payment schedule.
10% payment at the selection of the artist
15% payment at the commencement of work
25% payment at 50% completion of work
50% payment upon final completion of the work