915 Santa Fe Drive
Denver, CO. 80204
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Competitions
Entry Deadline: 9/4/20
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Holy Moly 2020 / The Year 'Til Now
Niza Knoll Gallery / 915 Santa Fe Drive / Denver, Colorado 80204
Entries must be original artworks that reflect the artists’ personal contemplation. For example: What is happening? Pandemic, protests? Unbelievable? Will things change? Is it frightening, confusing, corrupt, when will it end? What do you think? How does it make you feel? How do you interpret it? Paint it, sculpt it, create your passion. Artists are encouraged to go beyond the depiction of icons in their expression.
Niza Knoll Gallery, an established and respected contemporary art gallery located in the Santa Fe Art District of Denver, Colorado and is now celebrating its 10th year.
The deadline for entry: September 4, 2020
Artists notification: September 8, 2020
Art Delivered to gallery: September 15, 2020
Exhibit date: September 18, 2020 – October 31, 2020
Art pickup: November 1, 2020
There is a non-refundable fee of $35.00 for 1 to 3 entries.
The artwork must be delivered to the gallery, we will not accept shipped packages.
Juror: Victoria Eubanks brings thirty years of graphic sensibility to her art studio. She consciously stepped away from a national clientele to pursue her interest in fine art. Victoria’s artwork has been included in over 60 exhibitions and in numerous corporate collections, including University of Colorado, Castle Rock Adventist Hospital, University of Colorado Health Centers, High Plains Consulting, Red Peak Development, LTP Wealth Management and Polsinelli Law Firm. Her work can be seen locally at Niza Knoll Gallery, where she is a long time member of the MIX Co-op, and Westward Gallery. She has been a curator and juror for local exhibitions and has served on the board of the Art Students League of Denver.
Victoria also has a passion for teaching. She has developed and taught creative workshops at Arapahoe Community College, the Art Students League of Denver, the Breckenridge Arts District, the Curtis Arts Center, Greenwood Village, CO and the Foothills Art Center, Golden, CO.
All accepted artwork will also be exhibited for sale on the gallery website. www.nizaknollgallery.com
Participation in this call-for-entry is further subject to the following specifications and requirements:
· Art must be original and created by the artist or independent group effort.
· No reproductions or giclees.
§ All artwork must be well executed, clean, dry and ready to display.
§ 2D work can be no larger than 48 wide x 72 long
§ All 2D work must be ready to hang with a secure wire on the back. No zigzag or triangular hangers, no plastic frames.
§ All 3D work must not exceed 50 pounds. If work weighs more than 40 pounds artist may need to help install piece.
§ If the 3D work is to be hung on the wall it cannot exceed 25 pounds.
§ If 3D artwork is to be displayed on a pedestal it should be no larger than 24 x 24 inches at the base.
§ 3D work must be sturdy and able to stand-alone.
§ If a piece of art requires special nails or equipment for display please bring or send with art.
§ Artists are solely responsible for delivery and pick-up of all artwork.
o Accepted art is to be delivered to gallery:
915 Santa Fe drive, Denver CO 80204, on September 15 between 3 and 6pm
Pick up November 1, 2020
§ All artists must abide by the delivery date and pick-up date. There is no storage at the gallery.
§ Artwork left in the gallery after the exhibit without written gallery consent may be subject to storage charges or be donated to a worthy cause.
§ Accepted work must be remain in the exhibit for the entire show.
§ A 40% commission of the retail sale price will be paid to the gallery. 60% to the Artist
§ The gallery or its assigned jurors make all final decisions for selection of artwork.
§ Artists may be asked to help sit the gallery, if needed.
§ Gallery is not responsible for any artwork damaged, broken or stolen while in gallery or in transit to and from gallery.
Gallery has Liability Insurance.
§ It is recommended that the artists carry their own insurance.
· All accepted artists must supply the gallery with a short statement about their work.
· Artists name and contact information must be permanently attached to the back / base of the artwork.
o Also must include on the back: title of piece, medium, size, and price.
· Gallery may use artwork in exhibit for publicity.
· Artists are paid their percentage of sales of their artwork within 40 days after the end of exhibit.
· All artworks entered must be for sale.
· Artwork chosen for the exhibit must be well executed and ready to hang.
· The gallery has the right to disqualify a selected work of art if it does not follow the guidelines or does not look like the image on the entry form.
· The artists agrees that they will direct all sales derived from the exhibit (such as a purchaser who first viewed or otherwise became aware of the artwork at the NKG exhibit, approached the artist outside of the exhibit due to the promotion of the exhibit such as the galleries website, social media or email promotion) for a period of three months to the NKG gallery for payment and will forward the NKG gallery its agreed upon commission whether or not the sale was completed at the gallery or after the exhibit.
Best and quickest reply is by email email@example.com
Niza Knoll Gallery, 915 Santa Fe Drive / Denver, 80204 /
303-953-1789 / firstname.lastname@example.org