405 Vernon Street, Suite 100, Roseville, CA, 95678
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Competitions
Entry Deadline: 4/9/21
Images - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 20
Total Media - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 20
Exhibition Dates: May 21, 2021 - July 10th, 2021
Deadline to Enter: April 9th, 2021
Artist Notification: April 16th, 2021
Shipping deadline of work to Blue Line Arts: May 2nd, 2021
Hand deliver work to Blue Line Arts: May 16 & 17, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Opening Reception: June 19th, 2021, 5-8 p.m.
Pick up unsold work from Blue Line Arts:
July 11 &12th, 10 a.m - 3 p.m
1st Place: $500
2nd Place: $300
3rd Place: $100
Magdolene Dykstra is a second generation Egyptian-Canadian. After studying both biology and visual arts in undergraduate studies, she received her MFA from Virginia Commonwealth University. Magdolene has participated in residencies at the Medalta Historic Clay District and the Watershed Center for Arts and Crafts. She has also spoken at NCECA conferences, most recently in a panel on "Disrupting the Canon" at the virtual NCECA 2021.
Magdolene has been awarded several grants from the Ontario Arts Council and the Canada Council for the Arts, including Research and Creation Grants, Exhibition Assistance Grants, and Arts Abroad Grants.
Recent exhibitions include a site-specific installation at the Gardiner Museum (Toronto, ON). Upcoming exhibitions include a solo exhibition at the Jane Hartsook Gallery (New York, NY).
She is also the founder of SWAG, a group dedicated to supporting womxn artists in the Niagara region, where she is a passionate artist|educator, teaching at secondary and post-secondary levels.
Magdolene is currently serving as the Visiting Artist in Residence at Concordia University (2020/2021)
- Open to all artists 18 and older
- Artwork cannot have been previously exhibited at Blue Line Arts
- All artwork must be for sale
- No accepted entry may be withdrawn or sold outside of the exhibition prior to the closing date
- Accepted artwork that differs significantly from the image in the online submission will be disqualified
- Blue Line Arts handles all sales transactions.
- Non-member artists receive a 50% commission from all gallery sales
- Members receive a 60% commission from all gallery sales
- The artist is responsible to pay for all shipping and must include a prepaid label for return of artwork
- FedEx or UPS ONLY
- No USPS
- Please use blue painters tape to secure wrapping and artwork duringshipping-- this ensures we will be able to reuse packing materials forreturn shipment
- Two-dimensional artwork must be ready to hang
- Wire must be installed
- No sawtooth hangers
You must be 18 years or older to apply. Application fee is $35 per entry, for up to 3 images. For each additional image, is it $5.
If you have questions about submissions, please contact Blue Line Arts staff during gallery hours at (916) 783-4117 or at firstname.lastname@example.org