Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Photography
State: North Carolina
Entry Deadline: 10/4/20
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
State: North Carolina
Fee: $35.00 for up to three images.
Entry Deadline: October 4, 2020
Days remaining to deadline:
Cary Photographic Artists is pleased to announce its 13th Annual Open Juried Photographic Exhibit.
CPA normally hosts an annual exhibit of prints. Unfortunately, the restrictions on face-to-face gatherings to contain the coronavirus pandemic will not permit us to hold such an exhibit this year. However, to maintain the tradition of an annual event, we will organize a digital exhibit. CPA will judge this year’s entries using digital images submitted through CaFE and create an online exhibit. The awards ceremony with the jurors comments will be conducted on-line with Zoom.
· There will be two categories of judging—MONOCHROME and COLOR.
· Judging will be done of digital images submitted through CaFE only.
· Registration deadline is October 4, 2020.
· We will display 50 images selected by the jurors in an Exhibitors’ Gallery on the Cary Photographic Artists website (www.caryphotographicartists.org) beginning October 30, 2020.
· In addition, we will exhibit one image from each photographer not juried into the Exhibitors' Gallery in a Participants’ Gallery on the Cary Photographic Artists website (www.caryphotographicartists.org) beginning November 15, 2020.
· Notification of the images juried into the exhibit will be made to all entrants by email on October 20, 2020 by 9:00pm EST.
· Photographers whose images are juried into the Exhibitors' Gallery must provide a 100- word biography and photograph of the artist (jpeg file, 400 pixels x 400 pixels) by October 23, 2020 in order for their work to be exhibited. Email for submission will be provided with notification of acceptance into the Exhibitors' Gallery.
· An on-line awards ceremony with comments by the jurors will be held at 7:30pm, October 30, 2020. Log in information will be provided by email on October 23, 2020 by 9:00pm EST.
KEY DATES AND FEES
· Registration Deadline through CaFE: October 4, 2020
· Registration Fee: $35
· Maximum Number of Images: 3
· Notification of Images Accepted: October 20, 2020 by email.
· Submission of biographies and thumbnail for photographers whose images are to be in the Exhibitors' Gallery: October 23, 2020
· Login information for the awards ceremony and jurors comments provided to all entrants: October 23, 2020.
· Awards ceremony and comments by the jurors: October 30, 2020 at 7:30pm.
Chris Richman is an award-winning photojournalist and fine art photographer, who has covered sports, events, and performing arts for media outlets, visitors’ bureaus, colleges and universities. Chris' photographs have won awards from the NC Press Association, Carolina Nature Photography Association, Cary Photographic Artists, the Professional Imaging Group of Eastern North Carolina, the Professional Photographers of North Carolina (PPNC) and the Professional Photographers of America (PPA), including the PPA 2017, 2018 and 2019 Photographer of the Year designation, the PPNC 2018 & 2019 Photographer of the Year Award and the PPNC 2019 Service Award.
Her twenty years as a senior research scientist, her decades of teaching and leadership in the informal science education arena and her years of editorial sports and event photography give her an eye for composition and story-telling. She is known for her precise black and white flower photography and her colorful, creative composite images.
In addition to coaching photographers through personal photography projects, Chris is a mentor, a frequent speaker, offers photo critiques and juries 10 -12 competitions each year for PPA affiliates and photography associations across the US.
She holds Master of Photography, Master Artist, and Craftsman degrees from PPA, is a Certified Professional Photographer and holds the PPNC Photography Fellowship designation. She successfully completed the PPA Judges Workshop in 2019.
Bryce Lankard's career has been immersed in photography from nearly every angle. He has been an art director, curator, educator, creative director, arts administrator, designer, and editor. An acclaimed editorial, documentary and fine art photographer, his work has been published internationally in countless magazines and he has exhibited in galleries and museums around the globe alongside such luminaries as Henri Cartier-Bresson, Andres Serrano, Bruce Davidson and Robert Frank. In 2018 his work was in “Across County Lines; Contemporary Photography from the Piedmont” at the Nasher Museum. “Drawn to Water” has been exhibited at Flanders Gallery in Raleigh, NC, at the South East Center for Photography in Greenville, SC and selections from the project have appeared in other exhibitions, most recently in “Water, Water” at the Walter Anderson Museum, in Ocean Springs, Miss.
A native of North Carolina and UNC alumnus, he has spent significant time in New Orleans and New York City. In 1995 he was a co-founder of Tribe Magazine in New Orleans and served as Creative Director for the celebrated publication. He went on to work for 9 years in New York City and has photographed for publications ranging from the New York Times Magazine and Newsweek to High Times and the Village Voice. In late 2006, following Hurricane Katrina, he returned to New Orleans and co-founded the non-profit New Orleans Photo Alliance which hosts the PhotoNOLA festival. Since returning to North Carolina in 2012 he co-founded the Click Photography Festival and has served as its Executive Director and is now a veteran instructor at the Center for Documentary Studies at Duke University.
Bobbi Hopp Best in Show $500
First Place $200
Second Place $125
Third Place $ 75
First Place $200
Second Place $125
Third Place $ 75
· This exhibition is open to digital photographic images only.
· Images must be the individual work of the entrant.
· Composited images that include public domain images are not acceptable.
· Entrants take full responsibility for the content of all images including the likeness of recognizable individuals.
· Work accepted in prior CPA Juried Exhibitions is not permitted.
· Images must be submitted through CaFE in JPG or jpeg file format, sRGB colorspace, minimum of 1200 pixels on the longest side, maximum of 1920 pixels on the longest side, and no larger than 5MB.
· To ensure the anonymity of entries during the judging process, no identifying information, including any copyright information, may appear on the image.
· Artists whose images are accepted into the exhibit will be notified by email the evening of October 20, 2020.
· Entry fees are non-refundable.
CARY PHOTOGRAPHIC ARTISTS
Cary Photographic Artists, founded in 2007 by Bobbi Hopp, is the North Carolina Triangle’s only group whose mission it is to develop and enhance the practice of photographic art.
For additional information or questions, please contact Don Ducey at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jo Bolton at jab1216@hotmail.