Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 12/14/20
Days remaining to deadline: 12
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 20
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 20
The Billboard Creative's (TBC) annual show places mass-scale works of art on dozens of billboards across Los Angeles. To date, artwork in TBC’s shows, which include curated selections from emerging, mid-career, under-appreciated, as well as established artists, has been passed by cars more than 67 million times and appeared in the Los Angeles Times, Flaunt Magazine, the Huffington Post, NPR/KCRW's Art Talk, Creators Project, and L'Oeil de la Photographie among numerous other publications. Submissions are open internationally to all art disciplines - if you can put it in a digital file we can put it on a billboard.
What We Do:
We envisioned TBC as a traditional gallery show without constraints. Our mission is to maximize exposure of artists to curators, collectors, galleries, museums and the community at large. Each year, our annual show is mounted on billboards across Los Angeles for one month. With the cityscape as walls of our gallery, each exhibit is in public view 24/7 and reaches hundreds of thousands of people.
- Billboards are placed in high-traffic, art-centric neighborhoods, including locations near galleries, museums and art districts.
- We aggressively promote our shows and participating artists have received widespread media coverage in outlets including the Huffington Post, HAF, Vice, and Site Specific, among other publications.
- The Billboard Creative is a leading source in billboard art. Our shows have featured leading artists including Ed Ruscha, Lawrence Weiner, Marilyn Minter, and Paul McCarthy in order to bring more attention to the works from emerging and under-represented artists in the shows. And this fall TBC is working with The Hammer Museum to co-produce five billboards as part of its Made In LA exhibition.
- All TBC show billboards are documented and images are made available to both the media and participating artists for use on social media, websites, and other communications.
- Viewers are guided through the show via a smartphone map. Users can plot directions for visiting multiple locations and get further information about each artist, including images and links to their websites.
- Artists retain the rights to their work and any enquires are sent directly to the artist or their gallery.
- Selected artists will receive their own billboard in Los Angeles for one month.
- To ensure an easy and safe submission process, TBC use Call for Entries to accept images and payment.
- After submissions close Curator Victoria Burns will conduct a blind-review process to select the pieces that will be included in the exhibit.
- Open to artists from all countries.
- We accept many forms of art - if you can get it on a digital file* we can put it on a billboard. There are great examples of paintings, sculptures, mix media etc. on the gallery page. *(Sorry, we still aren't accepting video or audio works at this time.)
- TBC is an all-volunteer nonprofit - all submission fees are used for the production and management of exhibitions - we have no salaried staff.
- If your work is selected, TBC covers all expenses for the production, mounting, and leasing of the billboard.
- Not all submissions will receive a billboard.
- Everyone is eligible - if you are under 18 you must have a parent or legal guardian submit your work.
- The Billboard Creative will not use your images for any commercial purpose outside the terms of the TBC show and publicity for TBC and its shows. Every image you submit is yours and you retain all rights to your images.
- CHECK-OUT the website for full details and more about The Billboard Creative.