2020 Holiday Shop
1516 S. Cranbrook Rd
Birmingham, MI 48009
Contact Email: Info@BBArtCenter.org
Call Type: Competitions
Entry Deadline: 9/25/20
Images - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 4
Total Media - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 4
The BBAC Holiday Shop is a juried show that has been an annual tradition for nearly four decades. It starts with Shop & Champagne, a fabulous preview party with sparkling beverages, gourmet strolling supper & shopping for 400 enthusiasts! Throughout Dec 3-21, admission is free to the public & the Holiday Shop attracts hundreds more shoppers. Artwork is displayed attractively.
We are seeking fine art & craft in all media suitable for the holiday market: 2-D media, ceramics, jewelry, glass, fiber, leather, metal, wood & holiday-themed items, including decorations, ornaments & greeting cards. Artists are juried on their body of work & the artwork is accepted on a consignment basis.
Notification of Jury Results: Friday, October 2, 2020
All work must be original and handmade by the artist. Commercially manufactured components, commercial patterns and molds of any type will not be accepted (i.e. commercial beads for jewelry – except findings – assembly of pre-made holiday crafts, purchased kits, etc.).
• Historically, items priced between $3.00 and $650.00 sell best, especially items under $100.00. We will accept work above $650 but the artist may be asked not to bring specific work or quantities.
• Accepted work must be ready to display. All wall art must have proper hanging mechanism—wire (ends wrapped), D rings; no sawtooth hangers.
Fast facts about the Holiday Shop:
- A unique setting to sell your artwork for the winter season.
- All you need to do is deliver your work & we do the rest.
- Your work is displayed in a professional setting.
- We re-stock daily to maximize sales.
- Hundreds of shoppers take advantage of this great gift-buying opportunity.
- The BBAC retains 45% commission on all sales.
- Proceeds help to support the BBAC’s education & ArtAccess programs throughout the year.