Make Checks Payable To: City of Olathe
c/o Renee Rush, Parks & Rec
PO Box 768 Olathe, KS 66051
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Public Art
Entry Deadline: 1/4/21
Images - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 9
Total Media - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 9
January 4, 2021 - Entries must be received
Feb 28, 2021 - Notice of selections sent to artists
May 17, 2021 - Art delivery deadline
June 1, 2021 - Exhibition opens
May 1, 2022 - Exhibition closes
Artists will receive a $2,000 honorarium for each work selected for a one-year lease. Consideration may be given for a $4,000 honorarium for a two-year lease.
Criteria & Specifications
• Sculptures must be suitable for long-term outdoor display.
• Sculptures should be as vandal proof as possible and safe to the public.
• The sculpture must be considerable in scale as many sites are viewed from a distance.
• The durability and size of the piece will be a consideration for selection.
• Sculptures must be capable of being properly secured to the ground or concrete.
• Preference will be given to works fabricated within the past 3 years, and works that have not been submitted to Olathe in the past 3 years.
• Local artists are encouraged to submit.
• Each artist may submit up to 3 sculptures for consideration.
Open to all artists 18 years of age and older. All entries must be original work.
• Complete one application. You may submit up to 3 sculptures for consideration. Please include at least 2 images of each sculpture. Please ensure that for each media upload, the file name matches the sculpture title. For second or third photos of the same sculpture, please add "Detail (image #)" to the file name, such as "Sculpture Title Detail 2"
• An entry fee of $10 is required.
Delivery and Return of Selected Artwork
• Artists are responsible for the delivery/return of sculptures and all associated costs.
• Sculptures may be shipped to the City at the artists’ expense.
• Sculptures must be delivered Monday-Friday between 9 am-3 pm no later than May 17, 2021.
• Artists must reclaim their sculpture by May 1, 2022.
The 2021 Exhibit will be juried by an Art Selection Panel comprised of Olathe Public Art Committee members and City of Olathe staff. Learn more about the members of the Olathe Public Art Committe.