Pikes Peak Watercolor Society International Watermedia 2021
P.O. Box 355
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Event Dates: 10/1/20 - 5/31/21
Entry Deadline: 1/31/21
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
The 2021 International Watermedia Exhibition will be juried by Alvaro Castagnet, one of the world’s most highly respected watercolor artists. The purpose of the International Watermedia Exhibition is to provide contemporary watermedia artists an opportunity to exhibit their works in a well trafficked and well lighted venue while offering the public the opportunity to view and contemplate the styles, design and composition of the works.
Estimated $5,000 in Cash and Merchandise Awards
Juror of Selection and Awards
Entries OpenOctober 1, 2020
Deadline for CaFÉ entries: January 31, 2021
Notification of acceptance: February 26, 2021
Shipped art due: Week of March 22 to March 26, 2021
Hand carried art due: March 30, 2021 (9:00 AM-12:00 Noon)
Formal Show Opening: Tuesday, April 27, 2021, although work will be available for viewing after April 2, 2021
Awards Reception: April 27, 2021 (5:00 PM Reception, 6:00 PM Awards)
Alvaro Castagnet Workshop: April 26, 27, & 28, 2021
Exhibition closes: May 30, 2021
Pickup of Paintings: May 31, 2021 (9:00 AM-12:00 Noon)
Return of Shipped Art: May 31, 2021
Eligibility:• The exhibition is open to all artists, 18 years or older. All entries must be of original design and personal execution. No work done in a class or workshop setting.
• No copies of another artist’s work or recognizable use of another’s copyrighted intellectual property will be accepted.
• Collage material must be painted by the artist using watermedia only.
• No computer generated art or prints are allowed.
• Paintings must be predominantly watermedia on paper, claybord, Yupo, illustration board, silk or canvas.
• Watermedia includes watercolor, acrylic, casein, or gouache.
• Work must not be more than 3 years old, and not previously shown in a PPWS Watermedia Exhibition.
• PPWS and Juror reserve the right to remove or decline any art deemed unacceptable or controversial.
• Accepted entries may not be removed or substituted before the close of the exhibition.
• Only one painting will be accepted from an individual artist.
• Artwork Requirements:
o Maximum frame size is 1430 square inches
o Maximum image size is 1280 square inches
o Minimum image size is 80 square inches
o Framed artwork must be single/double matted in white or off white. Colored liners are permitted
o All art must be framed, including gallery wrapped
o Simple/narrow frame only
o All entries will be juried for acceptance from digital images.
• Entry fee of $30 for one image and each additional image $10.00 for up to three total images.
Entry Fees: - Entry fees are nonrefundable.
Entry Submission Process Using CallforEntry.org (CaFÉ).• Go to CaFÉ at www.callforentry.org
• Artists should set up a profile on CaFÉ or log into their existing profile, upload artwork as digital files. CaFE will automatically resize images.
• Click on “Apply to Calls,” search for PPWS International Watermedia 2021.” Follow entry instructions, click to enter and pay by credit card or PayPal.
• When uploading images to your portfolio and submitting them to the call, use the image size dimensions, not the frame dimensions.
• Submitting a work of art to this exhibition shall constitute an agreement on the part of the artist to comply fully with the conditions and terms set forth in this Prospectus as well as in the Acceptance Notification and Guidelines.
• CaFÉ does not permit any image changes, replacements, or refunds after submission.
• Detailed instructions for shipping and delivery will be provided in the Acceptance Notification Guidelines. All shipped art will be charged a handling fee, $50 for international and $35 for domestic.
Sales: PPWS will charge 30% commission on sales. Paintings must be for sale and be priced to sell. Changes in price are not permitted after entry in CaFÉ.
Catalog: PPWS will provide accepted entrants a full color catalog displaying all paintings juried into the exhibition. Additional catalogs will be available for $15 each.
Presentation: All works must be professionally presented, ready for hanging with wire and hardware in place, no saw-tooth hangers. Refer to “Eligibility” category above for specific requirements. All works needing protection must use Plexiglass. (Paintings under GLASS will NOT be accepted.)
Use of Accepted Works: Your entry grants PPWS and Pikes Peak Library District permission to photograph all accepted work for file, promotional or catalog purposes.
Shipping, Delivery: Accepted artwork must be shipped to arrive the week of March 22 through March 26 and must include a check or money order for $35 for domestic and $50 for International handling fees. Make check payable to PPWS.
Membership: Interested? Go to: http://www.pikespeakwatercolorsociety.com Associate membership fee: $35.00 yearly.
Chairperson: Questions, Nancy Neale Martin at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.