National Computer Art Juried Exhibition
Please direct all mail or shipping to the artist residence of 1100 Annie Oakley Drive, Anna TX 75409
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Competitions
Entry Deadline: 10/18/20
Images - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 5
Total Media - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 5
"After having accepted digital art in it's prior art competitions, Dallas Metro Arts Contemporary dedicates this exhibition solely to the printed art image, which uses the computer or digital practices in it's creation"
Entry Fee: $30 minumum two images, $5 per each additional entry up to five entry maximum.
Deadline for submission: Sunday, Oct 18, 2020
Notification: Monday, Oct 26, 2020
Shipping and hand delivery: Oct 26-Nov 8, 2020
Exhibition Dates: Tues Nov 19--Sat Dec 5 (NOTE: This is a physical exhibition, with a physical closing reception at the DMAC gallery.)
Closing Reception: Sat Dec 5, 2020, 6:00-7:30 pm (NOTE: artists attending the reception may pick up art at the end of the reception)
1. US artists age 18 & up, and original art of the last three years; size limit 48 inches wide and 72 inches tall.
2. Work must be of print format, (sorry, the gallery is not presently able to present time-based or video based works, or works solely presented on devices.)
3. All art must be suitably presentable, ready for hanging or display--unless by prior agreement with Director. Framed works may have glass or plexiglass. (note: glass is at artist's risk for shipping damage). Framed works must have suitable hanging wire or D rings. No sawtooth hangers.
4. Alternative display methods to traditional frame/glass must be approved by the Director, and are solely at his discretion regarding installation and display duration; artists accept the shipping and display risks associated with art that is not traditionally framed and under glass/plexiglass.
5. Acceptance of multiple works, diptychs and triptychs are at the choice of the juror and the descretion of the Director regarding display space.
Selected Artworks: Artworks considered unsuitable for hanging/presentation will be refused. The Director reserves the right to refuse an artwork that is misrepresented through documentation or is not the piece selected by the juror.
Selected works are to be hand delivered, or shipped in a reusable container, and with a prepaid return label, for FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc. Works that are damaged in shipping are at the discretion of the juror, as to whether they are able to be fixed and displayed.
Please note that dates for Artist Notification and shipping are listed; please consider the shipping time table date when submitting artwork that is not framed prior to the Notification date.Awards: Juror's Choice and Honorable Mentions; Director's Choice; People's Choice, totaling $1500 cash awards.
Juror: Dr. Selena Nawrocki, Professor of Art, Valdosta State University.
Dr. Nawrocki recieved her BFA at the Mississippi University for Women, and her MFA from the University of Memphis. Her PhD in Technology/Education was earned at University of Memphis.
Since becoming a fulltime faculty in the Art Department of Valdosta State University, she earned the College Excellance in Teaching Award, and multiple faculty research grants to develop digital art in complex shaped formats. She has participated in over 100 exhibitions internationally and nationally. Speaking about her work, she says:
“Traditional boundaries of applied arts have been shattered, with my axonometric drawings and computer renderings yielding a bas-relief sculptural quality associated with the fine arts media.The effect I am seeking is a mechanized, industrial structure...my principle focus in developing a machine-age quality enhanced with shadows and light.”Inquiries: Director of DMAContemporary, Jerry Smith, at 214-938-3362 or firstname.lastname@example.org.