Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 10/17/20
Images - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 3
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Juror: Jack Fischer, owner and director, Jack Fischer Gallery, www.jackfischergalley.com
- SF Bay Area artists only (artist must live within 100 miles from San Rafael, California). No refunds will be given to applicants from outside this geographic requirement.
- Size limit: artwork must not exceed 18” x 18” x 18” including frame, stand, and all materials.
- Open to all visual arts media. Video must be silent and include player and monitor within the size limit; projections are prohibited. Video set-up must be tested before delivery.
- Original artwork only. No giclées or reproductions. Editions are acceptable (photography, printmaking)
- Submissions must not have previously exhibited in the AWD 1337 Gallery.
- Artwork must be for sale.
- Apply through Call For Entries.org. AWD will not accept hardcopy, email, or disk submissions.
- Oct 17: Entries due via CallForEntry.org. Technically you have until 11:59 Mountain time (9:59pm Pacific time). Please note that we are not available for questions about applications after 10/15/2020.
- Oct 22–23: Notification by email. You will receive separate emails for accepted and rejected works.
- Note: delivery is the following week.
- Oct 29 and 30, 1–4pm; Oct 31, 10am–1pm: Deliver accepted entries. No exceptions. Masks must be worn. 1 person in the Gallery at a time. No restroom or art center access.
- Nov. 13, Fri, Dec 11, 5–8pm: Reception and Art Walk, exhibitors are encouraged to present their artwork.
- Dec 24–Jan 1: Art Works Downtown will be closed for the Holidays. Thanksgiving hours have yet to be determined.
- January 14,15,1–4pm; Jan. 16, 9am–1pm: Pick up unsold artwork
Entry Fee: $30 for up to 3 entries
- The entry fee has been reduced to support artists during this time.
- Additional discount provided for AWD Artist Members.
- 50–70 artworks will be chosen.
Online Entry: AWD uses callforentry.org (CaFÉ) to process juried exhibitions. To submit entries, visit www.callforentry.org. First create a free profile then upload images to your portfolio. Second, apply to this call. The CaFÉ website provides all the assistance you should need to prepare your submissions and apply. If you have trouble sizing your image(s), use the links provided below for help. Before you start, we recommend reviewing the CAFÉ HELP page. We also recommend reviewing our CAFÉ Tips and Tricks by going to artworksdowntown.org > Exhibitions tab > Calls for Entry > Tips and Tricks. AWD does not provide technical assistance for submissions.
- 3D/sculptural entries: Since you can only submit one image per entry, we suggest submitting one image with two views.
- Free online image software: pixlr.com/editor; online-image-editor.com
- Make sure you are using the most updated internet browser. Check the CaFÉ help page or use this link: browsehappy.com.
Delivery of Accepted Work: Work(s) must be hand delivered to Art Works Downtown 1337 Fourth St., San Rafael between the hours stated under Exhibition Calendar. All work must be ready for installation. Wall hung work must be securely wired. Artwork must be easy, and ready to install. No substitutes will be accepted for works approved by the juror. Please also deliver an artist statement and resume for the exhibition binder. We do not print these materials for you. The artist must deliver or email the signed consignment contract before or upon delivery. If a representative of the artist delivers, the artist must call ahead to give the representative’s name. Apply only if you can arrange delivery on the specified date.
Covid-19 precautionary requirements:
- Every person must wear a mask.
- Only one person admitted to the Gallery at a time.
- The art center facilities are not available.
Gallery access: Due to Covid-19, the Gallery will not be open to customers or visitors, unless they purchase artwork online or schedule an appointment to purchase artwork.
Pick Up: Covid-19 precautionary requirements apply (one person at a time, masks required, 6’ distance). Artists who do not retrieve their work will be charged a storage fee of $3.00 per day. Works remaining after 30 days will become property of Art Works Downtown.
Sales: Art Works Downtown (AWD) requests a 40% donation upon sale. AWD processes sales as follows. All checks and credit card sales will be made payable to Art Works Downtown. AWD then reports the sales tax and passes the net sale to the artist. The artist is responsible for donating 40% of the net sale total to AWD. It is not the artist’s responsibility to report sales tax. All sold artworks will be allowed to be taken by the buyer at time of sale due to the holiday gift buying season. Sales will be paid to artists at the end of the exhibition.
Shipping: Unfortunately we are not able to ship artwork. Buyers will be asked to schedule pick-up.
Virtual Exhibition: images submitted to CAFE will be used for the Virtual Exhibition and online Gallery Store.