1424 48th St
Des Moines, IA 50311
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Public Art
Entry Deadline: 11/11/20
Images - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 8
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 2
Total Media - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 8
The RFP—a longer document with more information about the project under development—is also available for download from this location.
Diversity and equity are a integral part of the Shoreline Signals mission. Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and to view our required qualifications as a growth opportuntity.
Shoreline Signals Integrates with River Access Points to Combine Beauty, Safety, and Conservation
Part of the Central Iowa Water Trails initiative, an investment in over 80 river access points across 150 miles of rivers and creeks, Shoreline Signals will install at river access points across the larger Des Moines region. Artists are asked to create a repeatable prototype project that is interactive and performs two functions:
Beckon people to the river’s edge and
Advise river users of the water’s relative safety, including flow rate for paddlers and anglers. Water quality data for flow rates, nitrates, and other measures are available at a limited number of sites.
This is an ambitious and large scale regional initiative with a budget to match. We seek interest and qualifications from highly-qualified artists by Nov 3, 2020. Three artists (or teams) will be selected by mid-November to develop proposals.
To apply with your qualifications, respond to this call on Café. Be prepared to submit a short statement of your interest, three to five images of completed, relevant projects, your CV and your web site.
PROJECT AT A GLANCE
- Three artists selected Nov 2020
- Site visits Dec/Jan 2020
- Proposals due 2/28/21
- Proposals paid at $5,000
- Site visit travel paid at $1,500
- Artist fees and design rights $25,500
- Fabrication budget $75,000 for up to
- three installed prototypes
- Project completion date in 2022
- Total project budget includes professional consultations, insurance, and other expenses
- Demonstrated ability & references from successfully completed project with a budget of at least $125,000
- Ability to work with a large team including professionals such as naturalists and engineers
- History of work that is highly visually compelling
- Demonstrated ability to engage diverse communities and reflect their needs
- Demonstrated ability to use art as a problem-solving tool with novel and beautiful outcomes