2021 Cultural Council for Palm Beach County Biennial
601 Lake Avenue
Lake Worth Beach, FL
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 1/22/21
Images - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 3
Audio - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 3
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
2021 Cultural Council for Palm Beach County Biennial: Open Call to Artists
Juror/Guest Curator: Aldeide Delgado
Founder and Director of Women Photographers International Archive
Exhibition dates: March 26 – May 29, 2021
The Cultural Council for Palm Beach County enthusiastically announces an Open Call to Palm Beach County artists for its 2021 Biennial. This edition of the Cultural Council’s Biennial welcomes visual artists residing in Palm Beach County to submit their artwork for the exhibition opening on March 26, 2021. The 2021 Cultural Council Biennial is juried by Aldeide Delgado, the Founder and Director of Women Photographers International.
The 2021 Cultural Council Biennial will feature three prizes chosen by the guest Juror/Curator. The top prize will be $2,000.00, while second will be $1,000.00 and third $500.00. There will also be a People’s Choice award tabulated by votes made throughout the exhibition and presented after the exhibition ends. All exhibited artists will receive a complimentary individual membership to the Cultural Council for Palm Beach County or a one year extension of a current membership.
Biennial open for submissions: November 9, 2020
Deadline for submissions: January 15, 2021
Announcement of participating artists: February 2021
Installation: March 22 – 24, 2021
Exhibition: March 26 – May 29, 2021
Proposals will be accepted from individual artists or artist collaborators who live, work, study, or maintain a studio in Palm Beach County. Three artworks total may be submitted per entry. Only one entry per artist. There is no entry fee.
The guest Juror/Curator will be solely responsible for choosing the top three awards, while visitors to the exhibition will choose the People’s Choice award.
- First Prize: $2,000.00
- Second Prize: $1,000.00
- Third Prize: $500.00
- People’s Choice: $500.00
- All exhibited artists will receive a complimentary Individual Membership to the Cultural Council for Palm Beach County (or a one year extension for existing members)
Artists are invited to submit images of up to three individual artworks to be considered for inclusion in the 2021 Cultural Council Biennial. Artwork may be any medium including: photography, video, works on paper, sculptural installations, crafts, and textiles. Files must be jpg or pdf, no larger than 10 MB per file. Please include all artwork information (Title, Date, Dimensions, Medium, Edition, Insurance Value). Submissions will only be accepted by the online platform CaFE.
By submitting a proposal each participant agrees to the following conditions:
- The applicant will receive an email notification on the status of their application no later than January, 15, 2021.
- Artwork selected must be installed as described in application
- If the artwork is not as originally proposed in application, the Cultural Council for Palm Beach County reserves the right to cancel the artist’s inclusion
- The artist must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all artwork entered
- Once selected, the participant and the Cultural Council of Palm Beach County will coordinate exhibition, opening reception or similar virtual opening, artwork drop off, de-installation and pickup dates and times
- Selected participants are responsible for the delivery and pickup of the artwork(s).
- Participants will receive and sign a loan agreement with the Cultural Council for Palm Beach County stating the dates and exhibition terms
- To receive prizes or complimentary membership, the participants must submit a W-9 for payment purposes
- The Cultural Council for Palm Beach County has permission to photograph, videotape, and reproduce any work submitted to the exhibition for publicity purposes unless otherwise stated in writing
- All artwork will be insured on premises as long as a list of artwork titles, descriptions, and values is presented prior to delivery on site. Artwork is not insured while in transit to and from the Cultural Council for Palm Beach County
- The Cultural Council for Palm Beach County cannot store artwork for a later pickup; artwork must be picked up on the designated de-installation days
Aldeide Delgado is a Cuban-born, Miami-based independent Latinx curator, and founder and director of Women Photographers International Archive (WOPHA). The organization researches, promotes, and educates about the role of women, and those identified as women in photography. Delgado was recently awarded a grant from the John S. and James L Knight Foundation to produce the 2021 WOPHA Congress at the Perez Art Museum Miami (PAMM). She is the author of
the online archive Catalog of Cuban Women Photographers, as well as the namesake ongoing book. Her interests include gender and feminism, racial identity, photography and abstraction in visual arts. Publications, where she has contributed, include Cuban Art News, Artishock, Terremoto, C&America Latina, Arcadia, as well as diverse independent art blogs. She writes forArtishock, Terremoto, ArtNexus, and C&America Latina.