Entry Fee (26th Arts North International): $35.00
Media Fee(26th Arts North International): $5.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 2, Maximum:Max. 10
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 2, Maximum:Max. 10
Please make any checks payable to the Friends of the Hopkins Center for the Arts and write Arts North 2021 and the purpose of the check on the memo line.
Correspondence and checks should be sent to
Friends of the Hopkins Center for the Arts
Hopkins, MN 55343
Friends of the Hopkins Center for the Arts is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit, tax exempt organization.
Media: Acrylic, ceramic, drawing, fiber, glass, mixed media, oil, pastel, print, photograph, sequential art, sculpture, and watercolor/watermedia artworks.
ELIGIBILITY Open to all living artists. Entries must be ORIGINAL work not exhibited in previous Arts North/Arts in Harmony shows. Copies, class work, or fragile work will not be considered. Work requiring more than normal careful handling is not eligible. The Hopkins Center for the Arts reserves the right to determine acceptability.
Entry Fees (Application Fees): Two images for $35 and additional images for $5 each may be submitted. A total of up to 10 images may be submitted. A maximum of three artworks may be selected for the exhibition.
- Make sure that your email address is accurate. Later Arts North communications will use this email address.
- Digital images must comply with standard CaFE (CallForEntry.org) specifications.
- Maximum width of the horizontal dimension is 60 inches (this dimension runs from one outer edge of the frame to the opposite outer edge of the frame).
- Free-standing sculpture must fit through a standard door space and be light enough such that a manual dolly can handle the work. All hanging work must be properly framed (gallery wrap - no staples showing on the edges is also acceptable) and have a hanging wire. No sawtooth or photo hangers. Drawings, prints, photographs, watercolors, and batik not under glass or plexiglass must be completely fixed to a backing board. Shippers, please note that glass is both heavy and potentially subject to breakage in transit. Plexiglass is a good substitute for glass.
- Accepted entries must remain on exhibit for the duration of the exhibition if accepted.
- All accepted work must have the name of the artist and the title of the work placed on the back, preferably on the upper left hand corner, or on the bottom or the back of sculptures.
SALES Any accepted work that the artist chooses to list for sale will be sold, as displayed, through the Hopkins Center for the Arts. HCA will collect sales tax and retain a 30% sales commission. NOTE: Sales price includes frame, please price work accordingly.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND DATES
- Exhibition Location and Dates: Hopkins Center for the Arts, 1111 Mainstreet, Hopkins, MN 55343, www.HopkinsArtsCenter.com. Saturday, January 9 – Saturday, February 13, 2021.
- Application Dates: www.CallForEntry.org: Title: 26th Arts North International 2021 Annual Juried Exhibition -- Friday, October 9 – Friday, November 27, 2020, at 11:59:59 pm Mountain Time.
- Notification of Acceptance: Tuesday, December 8, 2020.
Early in-person drop-off: ($25 per artist) is available by appointment beginning December 21 through Thursday, December 31, 2020. Drop-off will be at the Hopkins Center for the Arts, contact Jim Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
Free in-person drop-off of accepted artwork: Saturday, January 2, 2021, 3:00 – 7:00 pm and Sunday, January 3, 2021, noon – 5:00 pm, at the Hopkins Center for the Arts, 1111 Mainstreet, Hopkins, MN 55343, www.HopkinsArtsCenter.com.
Fee for shipped artwork (unpacking/repacking fee): ($20 per box). Last receipt date is Thursday, December 31, 2020. Shipped packages must also include prepaid return shipping label(s). Artworks should be shipped to:
Hopkins Center for the Arts
Hopkins MN, 55343
Reception: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 6:00 – 8:00 pm, Hopkins Center for the Arts.
In-person return of artwork from the main show: Hopkins Center for the Arts, Sunday, February 14, 3:00 – 7:00 pm
Return of shipped work from the main exhibition: Begins Tuesday, February 16, 2020.
JURYING $10,000 in awards are available. Awards are subject to the discretion of the juror(s). All jury decisions are final. Additional Special Awards will be selected by the sponsors.