Entry Fee (17th Annual Sculpture Garden - Entry Fee): $25.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 2
Video | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 2
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 4
Event Dates: 5/8/21 - 5/5/22
The Arts Council Wichita Falls' year-long Sculpture Garden Exhibition at the Kemp Center for the Arts is in its 17th year. The juror will accept 10 pieces for exhibition. Artwork is exhibited for 12 months. In addition to installation stipends, there are three cash prizes awarded by the juror/judge at the time of installation.
All forms of outdoor sculpture will be considered, provided it meets the requirements of the prospectus. The exhibit space surrounds a public building; artwork will be placed throughout the site at the sole discretion of the contracted installer and Arts Council staff. The juror for this event is Waco artist Robbie Barber. Mr. Barber's resume and work can be seen on his website here: robbiebarber.com.
The Kemp Center For The Arts
1300 Lamar Street
Wichita Falls, TX 76301
Contact email@example.com for further information.
The Arts Council Wichita Falls is a 501(c)(3) organization and not a subsidiary of any goverment agency or organization.
· The exhibit space surrounds a public building with exhibit areas both in open sunlight and shaded by large trees. In addition, an irrigation system (including sprinklers) is in place.
· Artwork will be placed on a steel plate on soft ground. There are NO concrete installation areas available.
· Artwork will be placed throughout the site at the sole discretion of the contracted installer and Arts Council WF staff.
· Sculpture should be garden-sized or larger (at least 3 feet in one dimension is recommended).
· Acceptable media includes metal, stone, ceramic, or any other durable material that will withstand the elements and abuse of an outdoor display. Artwork must be able to withstand routine outdoor wear-and-tear including contact with the irrigation system.
· Pieces must have the capacity to be attached to ¼” steel plate for installation.
· Artists are responsible for delivery and pick up of all artwork; any shipping must be provided and paid for at the artist’s sole expense.
· Artwork does not need to be for sale to be exhibited. If artwork is listed for sale, The Arts Council WF will receive a 30% commission on all sales and will collect and process the appropriate sales tax in addition to the sales price. The Arts Council WF will not provide transportation for sold items.
· Duration: Sculptures will be on display for 12 months from installation in May 2021. Artwork must remain on display for the entirety of the exhibit.
· Reception: Artists are expected to attend the opening reception on May 8, 2021.
· Stipends: Artists will be provided with an installation stipend totaling $1000 (one thousand), to be paid $500 on completed installation and $500 on completed uninstallation.
· Additional support: Artists attending the opening reception will be provided with 1 (one) hotel room for up to 2 (two) nights.
· Awards: Three cash awards will be given as determined by the juror/judge: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes ($2500, $1000, $500 respectively). These awards will be made at the time of installation and presented at the opening reception. Cash awards will be distributed within 30 days of the opening.
· Uninstallation: Artists will be notified of their pick-up date and time by the installer no less than 30 days prior to removal date in 2022.
LIABILITY and WAIVERS
· The Arts Council WF reserves the right to reject any artwork it deems inappropriate for display in a public setting. This includes work deemed purposefully designed to advance any form of discriminatory platform.
· All photos submitted with the artist's application must represent the current condition of the work.
· By applying to the exhibition, the Artist certifies to The Arts Council WF that they have created and possess unencumbered title to the sculpture(s) they are submitting to the Sculpture Garden Exhibit.
· The Arts Council and its affiliates will not be liable for the degradation of objects caused by normal outdoor wear and tear. This includes a commercial sprinkler irrigation system which may come in contact with the artwork. Installed artwork will be insured for the replacement value stated by the artist, however claims will only be made in extenuating circumstances beyond “normal wear and tear” of outdoor display.
· Artist will allow The Arts Council WF and its affiliates to photograph and publish photos and information related to the Artist’s work. Artist will be given recognition of any artwork displayed. Artists agree to include all requested biographical and artwork-related information in the printed and online catalog of the exhibit.
· Artists must provide The Arts Council WF with appropriate information in a timely manner as requested (including but not limited to artist bio/statement, current contact information, artist photo, relevant social media links, etc.).