915 South Pacific Avenue, San Pedro CA 90731
Contact Email: NWSExhibition@gmail.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 2/12/21
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Click here for Prospectus
Jan 1-Feb 12, 2021 Entries accepted at www.callforentry.org
February 12, 2021 Entry deadline - 12:00 noon, Pacific Time Zone
March 1, 2021 List of Accepted Artists posted to NWS website
May 1-June 27, 2021 Exhibition Dates
JUROR of Selection and Awards: Mat Barber Kennedy
Mat Barber Kennedy is a celebrated artist, Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, member of the Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolours and American Impressionists Society, Royal College of Art, London, Instructor at the American Academy of Art, Chicago, workshop artist, award winning en plein air artist.ARTWORK REQUIREMENTS:
1. Open to all Active NWS Members. NWS Membership annual dues of $50 must be paid prior to entry. If you are not currently a member, please join as an Associate Member by going to the NWS website: www.nationalwatercolorsociety.org and click the blue JOIN US tab on the top right.
2. Artists must be 18 years or older.
3. Artists may enter two (2) paintings; only 1 painting per artists is eligible for acceptance into the exhibition.
4. All entries must have been created after 1/1/2018 and not previously shown in any NWS Exhibition.
5. Painting must be primarily water-based media on any appropriate water media surface. Other media, if used, must be in conjuction with the water media, which must be dominant.
6. No digital media, photography, prints or reproductions may be used in the painting.
7. Originality: Your entry must be an original work of art, painted only by you; not produced in a class or workshop. Photo reference material must have been taken by you. Vintage heirloom photos of people from your own family may be used; however you must be in possession of the original photograph.
8. This is an online exhibition, no minimum or maximum size limitation.
FEES, SALES AND LIABILITY:
- Entry fee is $40 for 1 image; $50 for 2 images (All entry fees are non-refundable without exceptions)
- All work MUST be for SALE and there will be no price changes after acceptance. All artwork accepted will be displayed on the NWS online website and video. All sales will take place privately between the Artist and the Buyer. Artist will be responsible for shipping to Buyer and all governmental reporting. NWS is an artist run non-profit 501c3 organization: a 30% commission to NWS from any sale will be due.
- Attention International Artists: NWS wants to make sure you receive all proceeds, including awards. NWS will provide all documents and tax forms necessary.
- This Exhibition does not qualify for NWS Signature status.
- Awards remaining unclaimed by 12/1/2021 will be forfeited.
AGREEMENT / CONDITIONS AND RULES: Please read carefully!
Failure to meet ANY of the conditions may result in the disqualification of your entry and may result in ineligibility to enter future NWS exhibitions for a minimum of two (2) years and forfeit of any awards.
1. Permission is granted to reproduce the painting in promotion of the exhibition and to use this image for educational & publicity purposes.
2. I realize if my work is selected and I withdraw, or it does not meet eligibility requirements set forth in the prospectus - I will be disqualified immediately and will not be permitted to enter again for two (2) years.
3. I will not display my accepted artwork or offer it for sale in another exhibition, competition, or gallery during the schedule time this exhibition is being held (5/1/21-6/27/21) regardless of being online or in gallery.
Artists are responsible for monitoring their emails and the NWS website for postings.
All communications to:
Judy Saltzman, NWS Exhibitions Director at NWSExhibition@gmail.com