Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 3/29/21
Images - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 5
Total Media - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 5
Exhibition Dates | May 8th - June 26th 2021
Call Description | Form and Function
Applied Contemporary Craft Gallery is now accepting submissions for our Form and Function Juried Exhibition, juried by Christa Assad. All ceramic works, functional and sculptural, are eligible. We consider form: the visible shape or configuration of something, and function: an activity or purpose natural to or intended for a person or thing. This exhibition is open to artists national and international 18 years of age or older.
Entry Instructions |
- Images no larger than 5MB
- Non-refundable entry fee of $35 for up to 3 works
- $5 for each additional work after 3
- 5 works total per submission
- Artist statement, Bio, Instagram/Website
Juror | Christa Assad
Currently based in Baja Sur California, mid-career artist Christa Assad is best known for her Re-objectification series -- teapot designs based on objects and buildings from American industry. Assad explains the inspiration for her pieces:
"Growing up in Pittsburgh, PA, I was strongly influenced by the Steel City’s dying industry and the grit of these oft-abandoned sites. Tagged with graffiti and other remnants of trespassers and squatters, the physical remains of these sites serve as archaeological artifacts in the study of human behavior and societal evolution.”
A teacher, traveler and full time ceramicist with an MFA from Indiana University (1999), and BA from Penn State (1992), Assad’s work is in the permanent collections of The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, Cafesjian Center for the Arts (Yerevan, Armenia), The Ceramic Research Center at Arizona State University Museum, and The Penn State Fulbright Scholar Collection. She was named, “Ceramic Artist of the Year,” in 2012 by Ceramics Monthly. Her work is represented by Harvey Meadows Gallery in Aspen, CO.
Important Dates |
- Open Call for Submissions | December 1st 2020 - March 29th
- Entry Deadline | March 29th, 2021 at 11:59pm MST
- Artist Notification | April 9th, 2021
- Shipping Deadline for Accepted Works to arrive | April 24th, 2021
- Exhibition Dates | May 8th - June 26th, 2021
- Opening Reception | May 8th 3-6pm
- Return Shipping of Unsold Work | July 1st 2021
- Hand delivery of work available for local artists.
- Open to artists 18 years or older
- All work must arrive to the gallery ready to display or hang
- Accepted work that differs greatly from that which was submitted will not be shown
- No work may be withdrawn before the closing date of the exhibition
- Gallery will retain 40% of artwork sold
- All work must be packed securely and professionally
- No packing peanuts!
- Any work requiring specific instructions for installation must be included with the shipment
- All work must arrive at the Gallery by the stated deadline
- Artists must provide a shipping label with the original package
- Gallery is not responsible for work during shipping
The gallery will insure all accepted work while on premises. Work that arrives broken or differing from accepted work will not be displayed, and will be returned to the artist at the galleries convenience.