The Barn / WACC Juried Exhibition
6980 Cambridge Ave.
Mariemont, OH 45227
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Competitions
Event Dates: 4/6/21 - 4/25/21
Entry Deadline: 2/28/21
Days remaining to deadline: 40
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Entry Fee (WACC Member in good standing): $50.00
WOMAN’S ART CLUB OF CINCINNATI
128th Annual Juried Art Exhibition April 6 - 25, 2021
Woman’s Art Club Cultural Center (The Barn), 6980 Cambridge Avenue, Mariemont, OH 45227
The Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati is the oldest existing Woman's Art Club operating without interruption in the United States. Distinguished early members include Bessie Wessel, Elizabeth Nourse, and founders Dixie Seldon and Henrietta Wilson.
The goal of this exhibition is to showcase fine art works produced by women from Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky. The focus of the jurying process will be on craftsmanship, color, and composition with an emphasis upon diversity in style and subject. Computer-generated art will not be accepted.
Juror: This exhibition will be selected by Jeanne McLeish. Her award-winning artwork in both watercolor and oil has been included in numerous annual exhibitions and can be found in many private and public collections. She has served as the National Park Service’s artist in residence at the Indiana Dunes National Lake Shore Park, and residency in Shades State Park sponsored by the DNR and the Indiana Arts Commission in celebration of the Bicentennial.
Judge: L. Diana Young. Young will select the award winners. Her award-winning paintings have been shown in numerous galleries and recognized in various shows and plein air competitions including Painters of America, American Impressionist Show and Salon International Show. In addition to painting, Young taught at the Art Academy of Cincinnati and worked in commercial art and illustration.
Eligibility: Women only. Must be at least 18 years of age and reside in Ohio, Indiana, or Kentucky. Note: accepted artwork must be hand delivered.
Awards total more than $3500. Best of Show Award — $1500.
Call for Entries
- Entries are digital and must be submitted online via CaFÉ (help documents: tinyurl.com/WACC128)
- Fee Payment must be via CaFÉ (detail below)
- All work must be of original concept and design.
- Work created in an instructional setting, including, but not limited to, workshops and art classes, are not considered original artwork.
- Maximum entries, two (2); however, only one (1) may be accepted. (Entrance fee is the same for one or two entries.)
- Work must be for sale. Not-For-Sale (NFS) works will not be accepted.
- A 20% commission from sales will be required by the Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati (WACC).
- Work must have been created within the last 3 years and not have previously been in a juried exhibition.
- Frames are required for most 2-D pieces — exceptions are gallery-wrap stretched canvas showing no bare or stapled edges, wall-mounted pieces designed to be displayed without frames (for example: fabric pieces, works on panels, wall sculptures, 2-D glass art, etc.) All works must be delivered ready-to-hang with all appropriate hanging hardware — saw-tooth hangers are not appropriate and will not be accepted.
- Size of wall art, including frame, must not exceed 40" x 40".
- Sculpture, glass, and other 3-D art work must be of a measurement to be exhibited atop a pedestal measuring 20” x 20” x 39”.
- Photography entries cannot be digitally enhanced, manipulated or altered.
- Small items such as jewelry must include display props.
- Accepted work must be hand-delivered and retrieved. No shipped works will be accepted
Submission Fee for up to two entries (only one may be accepted)
$50 — WACC members in good standing
$65 — Non-members
- Online: Fees are collected online through PayPal with any major credit or debit card at the end of this CAFE submission process. (You do not need your own Paypal account.) Also, please do not send payment via PayPal outside of this application.
- By Check: Checks are to be sent to The Woman's Art Club of Cincinnati. Make check payable to WACC, and mail to the address below. Checks must be RECEIVED by the deadline of February 28, 2021 for the entry to be eligible. The artist will be notified when the check is received.
2021 Exhibition Calendar
February 28 (Sunday) -- Deadline for Entry on CAFE and any fees paid by check must be received by February 28
March 15 (Monday) -- Acceptance Notification by email
March 31 (Wednesday 3 - 6 PM) -- Delivery of Entries — Hand Delivery Only
April 1 (Thursday 10 AM - 1 PM) -- Delivery of Entries — Hand Delivery Only
April 11 (Sunday 2 - 4:00 PM) -- Exhibition Opening Reception & Awards Presentation
Awards Presented at 3:00 PM
April 6 - 25, 2021 -- Exhibition Gallery Hours
Weekdays Tuesday-Friday, 10 AM - 2 PM
Weekends Saturday & Sunday, 1 - 4 PM
April 25, (Sunday 4 - 5:30 PM) -- Pick up Art
April 27 (Tuesday 12 - 2 PM) -- Pick up Art
Artwork remaining at The Barn after May 28, 2021 becomes the property of the Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati.
Questions (call only if urgent)
The Annual Juried Exhibition - firstname.lastname@example.org | (513) 218-7037
Using Cafe for this event - link to how-to info | (513) 238-1941
Directions to Woman’s Art Club Cultural Center (The Barn) - email@example.com | (513)-272-3700 Tue - Fri only