56th Annual Newport Beach Art Exhibition
Cultural Arts Division
Newport Beach Public Library
1000 Avocado Avenue
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 9/8/21
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
**Due to health concerns related to the COVID-19 Delta variant, the City Arts Commission has elected to postpone this event to June 2022 in order to welcome as many guests as possible. Artists who have already submitted entries are eligible for a full refund of their entry fees.**
The 56th Annual Newport Beach Art Exhibition presents an opportunity for artists to show and sell their artwork to the public in a one-day exhibit, with a portion of the proceeds benefiting community art programs throughout the year.
- Paintings: Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor: 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
- Drawings: Ink, Pencil, Charcoal: 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
- Photography: 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
- 3D Art (includes Sculpture and 3D Mixed Media): 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
- Juror’s Choice: $200
- People’s Choice: $100
Entry Deadline: TBD
Artist’s Delivery of Artwork to Civic Center Community Room: TBD: 3:00-6:00 p.m. and TBD: 8:30-10:00 a.m.
Food and Wine Pavilion: TBD, 12:00-6:00 p.m.
Art Exhibit and Sale: TBD: 1:00-6:00 p.m.
Awards Reception: TBD: 4:30 p.m.
Artist’s Artwork Retrieval: TBD 9, 6:00 p.m. Artists are responsible for retrieving their artwork promptly at show closing. No early removal; no exceptions.
- The exhibition is open to accomplished artists 18 years of age and older.
- Exhibition is limited to two (2) works of art per artist. Registration is required and will be limited as space permits. Photos of entries must accompany application.
- Entry fees: $50 for two entries. $35 for one entry. No refunds once artwork has been accepted.
- Deadline is TBD or at Art Exhibition capacity as determined by the City Arts Commission.
- Original artwork only! Please do not submit works done in school, under instructor supervision or copied from published photos, artist reproductions or Giclée. Photography must be signed and numbered.
- Substitutions cannot be made on accepted art. If a work of art is no longer available on the Exhibition date, an alternate work of art may be accepted for display purposes only, at the discretion of the NBAE Committee, but will not be eligible for competition.
- Works must have been created within the last two years.
- All two-dimensional artwork must be framed.
- Two-dimensional artwork size limit: 36” x 48” (dimensions do not include frame).
- Artist must provide a table-top easel** to display two-dimensional artwork up to 24” x 24”.
- Artist must provide a sturdy standup easel** for artwork with any dimensions larger than 24”.
- Three-dimensional size limit: only works 150 lbs. or less will be accepted.
- Artist must provide pedestal for three-dimensional artwork.
- Delivery and retrieval of all artwork must be done in person – or by a designated representative - on the assigned day and time. NBAE can neither accept nor return any shipped artwork.
- NO EARLY REMOVAL OF ARTWORK. All works of art must be available until 6 p.m. the day of the event, no exceptions.
** Unfortunately, easels deemed unstable by the event installer will be rejected and, unless an acceptable replacement is provided, artwork will be denied and Entry Fee forfeited.
NOTE: W-9 required for awarding of cash prizes.
Categories can be changed at the Juror's discretion.