Entry Fee (Sculpture on the Move Entries): $10.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 20
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 20
Event Dates: 0/0/00 - 0/0/00
The Creative Communities Alliance (CCA) is a coalition of municipal and nonprofit organizations dedicated to the development of community arts in the St. Louis and surrounding Missouri region extending all the way to Kansas City to the west and Poplar Bluff to the south.
We are now accepting applications for the 2021 round of Sculpture on the Move where we will install approximately 20 sculptures for prominent display in outdoor, public areas across the region. These sculptures will be installed in the spring of 2021 for a period of two years, at which point artists can resubmit their work to be selected for another location within the regional display. Artists may submit multiple works and may have multiple works selected across the participating communities.
Each of our 20 municipalities/communities will select at least one sculpture from the pool of submissions. After the selection, a representative from that community will work directly with the artist to finalize the contract, payment schedule, as well as delivery and installation dates.
Artwork Selection Date: February 16th, 2021 – All artists will be contacted regarding their submissions after this date.
The winning artists will be awarded $1,000 per year for two years, for each sculpture selected, resulting in a total of $2,000 per sculpture.
· Open to all artists living in the United States.
· Each work must fit on a 4ft x 4ft concrete pad.
· Artist agrees that work submitted is original work created by the artist within the past ten years.
· Artists may sell the work during the project period. However, the work must remain on site for the duration of the exhibition.
· All work must be ready for installation upon delivery. Artist accepts responsibility for delivering and retrieving work on dates as agreed upon in the final contract.
Please keep in mind, because our communities are selecting around 20 pieces, it is somewhat common for artists to have multiple works selected, which means they also must drop off works in multiple cities.
Please visit www.creativecommunitiesalliance.com for more information.