1026 Folsom Unit A
San Francisco, CA 94103
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Exhibitions
Event Dates: 2/17/21 - 3/19/21
Entry Deadline: 3/19/21
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 1
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 1
Calling all Artists/Photographers!
The “Art of Healing” photography exhibition will begin on April 3rd, 2021, and will be showcased in Siy Gallery’s Folsom Street windows. By putting the spotlight on artists who raise awareness of issues surrounding mental illness through their work, the "Art of Healing" photography show will elevate the public’s awareness of this important cause. This exhibition will focus on photographs of various types of artwork which could include sculpture, painting, printmaking and traditional photography all captured in photograph that convey compelling visual narratives by artists.
Twenty artists will be selected to exhibit in the group "Art of Healing" window exhibition in April. Our jury will select one winner from the twenty to have a future solo exhibition.
Send the following to Cafe call by 3/19/2021:
- A high-quality photo of your piece
- Your name
- The title of the artwork
- A 100-word or less narrative about your piece in relation to mental health
- Photograph of your art cannot exceed 16inches x 20inches
Selection Process & Notification:
All submitted works will be considered by a jury of committee members and evaluated on the following criteria:
- Strength of public awareness and/or de-stigmatization narrative in art.
- Artist's personal dedication to the cause of public awareness and/or de-stigmatization.
- All decisions of the jurors are final.
- If you are accepted, by submitting your entry you give Siy Gallery the right to publish your images for publicity purposes. Siy Gallery may ask selected artists to provide higher resolution JPEG files suitable for publishing.
- If you are accepted, you must deliver your artwork to Siy Gallery before the end of March (call 415-275-2066 to arrange). We will coordinate with you to arrange a time/method that works for everyone.
Artist Notification: March 24, 2021
Art Delivery Date: Between March 24 and April 2, 2021
SHOW RUNS: April 3 to May 3, 2021
ABOUT “THE ART OF HEALING”
For this exhibition, Siy Gallery is looking for works by artists/photographers. Siy Gallery invites artists to submit images to be considered for our window exhibition.
Note: Our gallery windows are open to the public and clients and guests are invited to visit us on the corner of Folsom Street and Harriet Street in San Francisco.
Art provides the ability to capture a moment or memories of different aspects of mental health and healing. Siy Gallery will be looking for work that shows your ingenuity, talent, heart, and perception of mental illness.
Photograph of artwork will be acceptable in color or black and white. The top twenty artists, as chosen by our jury will have their submitted work posted on our website, and promoted on our Facebook, Instagram and other social media sites.
***Vulgar, pornographic, or profane images will be disqualified.***
If you have any questions at all, please send us an email at email@example.com or call us at (415) 275-2066.
(Non-refundable Application Fees): $21 for 1 image.
- Siy Gallery will exhibit the artwork/s in an exhibition at SIY GALLERY’s windows, located in San Francisco, California or online on our gallery website.
- he artwork(s) exhibited and/or represented by SIY GALLERY, pursuant to this Agreement, are hereinafter collectively referred to as the “ARTWORK” and refers to those artworks submitted by ARTIST to SIY GALLERY and accepted by SIY GALLERY for exhibition.
- In exchange for SIY GALLERY’S exhibition of ARTIST’S Work, ARTIST grants SIY GALLERY the right to represent ARTIST in the sale of the “ARTWORK” by SIY GALLERY.
- COMMISSION: The following commission/payment terms will apply to each subject “ARTWORK” sold by SIY GALLERY: 50% (payment to ARTIST), 40% (commission to SIY GALLERY), 10% (payment to nonprofit California Clubhouse of San Mateo).
- .SIY GALLERY reserves the right to determine the terms of payment (cash, bank card, deferred or installment) on sale of Art. For cash or bank card sale, the Gallery shall pay the Artist all proceeds due the Artist within thirty-one (31) days of sale.
- ARTISTS outside the United States are responsible for any exchange rate charges or bank transfer charges. Please price work accordingly.
- ARTIST retains ownership of all “ARTWORK” represented by SIY GALLERY until such “ARTWORK” is sold, pursuant to the terms of this Agreement, or otherwise. ARTIST retains copyright to all consigned artwork in perpetuity, as governed by law. SIY GALLERY shall take steps necessary to insure that the Artist's notice of copyright is protected and included in all documentation
- .Retail sales price for each “ARTWORK” will be established by the ARTIST. ARTIST is to include gallery commission in the price listed. Please do not change prices without speaking to Nounie directly. Consider your price carefully as it is difficult for us to change it – choose your price thoughtfully.
- SIY GALLERY will exert all reasonable efforts to close sales of represented “ARTWORK”. ARTIST agrees to provide SIY GALLERY, in a timely fashion and upon request, with any necessary documents or information in support of sales.
- PROMOTION: All entrants grant SIY Gallery the right to use or publish images of their work to promote the art exhibits, future call for entries, videos, or the art gallery. Selected entries may be included in our online gallery, on our Facebook page, Instagram, blog or other social media sites for the purpose of promoting artists and shows. Artist understands that his/her artwork may be photographed for promotional or other purposes.
- MODIFICATIONS: All modifications of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by BOTH parties. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between SIY GALLERY and ARTIST.
- SIY Gallery is not responsible for any damage, breakage, need for replacement or cost associated with any event that may have occurred during transport or unpacking. Every precaution will be taken in handling the entries, but SIY Gallery assumes no liability for any loss or damage to any artist’s work while in our care, custody or control, before, during or after the exhibition. Each artist, if they wish, needs to provide their own insurance. PLEASE PACK TO ASSURE YOUR PIECE IS PROTECTED - SIY GALLERY IS NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGE THAT OCCURS DURING SHIPPING TO GALLERY OR RETURN BACK TO ARTIST!
- SHIPPING YOUR WORK: If works are accepted to the brick and mortar window show you will be notified. Accepted artwork will be shipped to Siy Gallery at 1026 Folsom, Unit A, San Francisco, CA. 94103 ASAP with also Return label package for after the show.
- Any work left at Siy Gallery 7 days after the close of the exhibition will be subject to a $5.00 per day storage fee. Any work left at Siy Gallery for more than 14 days is subject to sale or disposal without notification or recourse. Please note the exhibition closing date - May 3, 2021 - and make sure we have your return label.