Colorado Photographic Arts Center
1070 Bannock Street
Denver, CO 80204
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Photography
Entry Deadline: 4/10/21
Days remaining to deadline: 45
Images - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 10
Total Media - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 10
Call for Entries – Deadline: April 10, 2021
The Colorado Photographic Arts Center announces its annual juried members’ photography exhibition. This year’s juror is Aline Smithson, Founder and Editor -in-Chief of Lenscratch, a daily journal on photography. The exhibition will be a survey of new work made by CPAC members, and is intended to highlight the creative talents of CPAC’s constituency. There is no theme. The show is open to current, registered members of the organization only.
- Best in Show Purchase Award: receives $300 and the selected image becomes part of CPAC’s permanent photography collection.
- Director’s Choice: $100 award
- Honorable Mention Awards
All awardees will receive a printed copy of the exhibition catalog.
DEADLINES & INFORMATION
- Applicant submission deadline: Saturday, April 10, 2021 (midnight MDT)
- Application notifications sent: Friday, May 7, 2021
- Accepted work to gallery: Friday, June 25, 2021
- Exhibition dates: July 1 – August 7, 2021
Opening Reception & Award ceremony scheduled for: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 5 - 8pm (This event will be TBA based on COVID-19)
Exhibition juror: Aline Smithson
Fees: First three images are free for current members; $5 for each additional image. If you’re not a member, if you pay the entry fee, a CPAC membership will be retroactively applied.
All lens-based media are eligible, including but not limited to images made by film or video camera, scanner, screen-capture, digital camera, and any means of mobile photography. Entry is open to regional, national, and international members of CPAC.
- If you have any questions about the guidelines please call 303-837-1341 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The code can be acquired during normal business hours of the gallery before the deadline for entry. Work must be submitted through call for entry details for how to upload media can be found here.
- Current members will receive an email with a code to submit. Or members can call 303-837-1341 or email email@example.com for the code. You must be a current CPAC member to enter. If you are not a member of CPAC you can become one online or pay the entry fee and you will become a CPAC member.
- Final exhibition sizes must be specified, if the work is framed include that in the size.
- The Gallery also understands that work may be presented in a non-traditional way that is integral to the art. Please contact us in advance if you feel your work fits into these criteria.
- The gallery must receive framed artwork no later than Friday, June 25, 2021. CPAC will charge a 30% sales commission.
Aline Smithson is a visual artist, educator, and Founder and Editor-in-Chief of LENSCRATCH, a daily journal on photography that has given exposure and opportunities to thousands of photographers. She curates and jurors exhibitions for a number of galleries, organizations, and magazines. In addition, she is a reviewer and workshop instructor at many photo festivals across the United States. In 2014, Aline received the Excellence in Teaching Award by CENTER and her work has been selected for the Critical Mass Top 50 Portfolios twice. In 2012, Aline was recognized with the Rising Star Award through the Griffin Museum of Photography for her contributions to the photographic community.
Aline is interested in meeting photographers both emerging and established, and is open to all genres of photography. She hopes to see work that is cohesive, created with intention, and deeply considered. She can offer critical feedback on projects in progress and completed series, also offering suggestions on the articulation of the work. She is looking for series to feature on LENSCRATCH and to feature in future curatorial projects.
ABOUT THE COLORADO PHOTOGRAPHIC ARTS CENTER
The Colorado Photographic Arts Center is dedicated to fostering the understanding and appreciation of excellent photography in all forms and concepts through exhibitions, education and community outreach. Learn more at cpacphoto.org. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.