5417 Butler Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Exhibitions
Event Dates: 3/2/21 - 5/28/21
Entry Deadline: 4/24/21
Images - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 6
Total Media - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 6
We are seeking artwork of any kind, from Emerging, Mid-Career, and/or Professional Artists. Work should encompass themes relating to something "new," and should offer a refreshing perspective on arts in the wake of the pandemic, so that visitors may feel a sense of enjoyment and familiarity with art once again, after remaining indoors for so long. (Note, that the theme of the show does not revolve around the pandemic whatsoever, nor is exclusively "Appalachian").
The Exhibition is Part Two of a two-part series of shows taking place in April/May 2021. The show will also appear in an online gallery format.
About the Curator:
Kyle Houser has been involved in fine art and art education for over twenty years including: teaching in public and private schools at the secondary level as well as international and Higher Ed. Along with teaching, his experience includes: arts management, gallery direction and curatorial work as well as curriculum and program development for higher education, public non-profits and residency programs like the School of Art within the Chautauqua Institution in Western New York.
Currently, Kyle works full time as the Executive Director for Pittsburgh Center for the Arts and Media.
Kyle received a B.S. in Studio Arts from Florida State University and an M.F.A. from Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
New Appalachia: Mixed Exhibition in-person opening reception will be held Saturday, May 8th, at 6 PM.
- May Mixed Exhibition is open to any artists over age 18, within the United States and Canada.
- Work should have been created in the last two years, and should convey new or fresh ideas in art, art perspectives, and creativity.
- Work must not have been previously displayed in a Vestige Concept Gallery exhibit.
- Work must be for sale.
- No Glicees or reproductions of original works will be accepted, unless the work itself is a Glicee. Please note this, if applicable.
- Entries and fees will be processed through www.callforentry.org
- Applicants may submit up to 2 entries. These two entries are included in the $25 application fee.
- An additional charge of $5 per entry is charged for any additional submissions, up to 6 total.
- Application deadline is April 23rd, 2021
- Artists will be notified of acceptance by April 25, 2021
- Shipped works of art must arrive no later than Tuesday, May 4th, 2021, no exceptions.
- Artists accepted into the show must send an email confirmation upon acceptance, plus provide a high resolution 300 dpi image of the accepted piece(s) along with an artist pic, short bio, and web/social links (if applicable). These items are neccessary for the Online version of the show. By submitting this information, you provide Vestige Concept Gallery all rights to post the work on their gallery website and within a paper brochure for the event. (Please also see our legal agreement for use of images and other material for promotional purposes)
- Accepted artwork must be the actual artwork as seen in the submitted images. No substitutions. Vestige Concept Gallery reserves the right to pull any artwork that differs from the images in the accepted submission. Any Glicees will automatically be pulled from the show unless it was initially stated that the work itself is a Glicee.
- Accepted artwork listed for sale must be for the price listed in the submission. No price changes.
- Vestige Concept Gallery will retain a 25% commission for any artwork sold, please factor this into your pricing.
- Artists are responsible for shipping & optional shipping insurance to and from Vestige Concept Gallery. A prepaid return shipping label must be included. Fedex or UPS only. No cash or checks.
- Shipped work must be sent in reusable, sturdy boxes and marked with your name. No loose peanuts. Artwork framed with glass is the responsibility of the artist and is not recommended. Artwork with glass that arrives in broken condition may be pulled from the event if artist is unable to remedy the issue.
- Late or damaged work will not be exhibited.
- Art damaged in transit is soley the responsibility of the artist and shipper. Artwork may also be hand-delivered, if applicable.
- Wall pieces MUST be securely wired, framed, and properly prepared for display. Painted edges and/or a clean edge gallery wrap (i.e. the gallery edges were masked off prior to painting), are acceptable.
- 2D Work must not exceed 30 lbs, including frame. 3D work or audio/video must be available to discuss the display with gallery member, if selected. 3D artists may wish to inquire with the gallery first.
APRIL 23: Application deadline. EXTENDED 4/24
On or before APRIL 25: Acceptance notification
MAY 4 Deadline for shipped or dropped-off work
MAY 8 Opening Reception
MAY 9 "Safe" Walkthru Day
MAY- normal business hours
MAY 28 Show closes
MAY 29-31 Unsold artwork is packaged and shipped back
Any questions please reach out to: email@example.com
All applications must be received through callforentry.org
Thank you for applying!