Images | Minimum:Min. 5, Maximum:Max. 10
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 5, Maximum:Max. 10
Indiana Call for Artists
Deadline: 11:59 PM (MST), Monday, May 31, 2021
Requirements: Priority applicants must be residents of Indiana. Artists with addresses outside of Indiana will be reviewed by EL Design Studios and may be considered for the project at the discretion of the art consultant.
Media Images: 5 to 10
EL Design Studios (art consultants) is currently recruiting all Indiana and Midwest artists, galleries, and art organizations whose work may be considered for purchase and display at a hospital in Indiana.
Artists are invited to submit both 2D and 3D work, with an emphasis on nature and or Indiana inspired art. Artwork can be readily available for purchase or artist is open to possible commissions. Purchases will be chosen by EL Design Studios who is tasked with selecting pieces that reflect the hospital's criteria for artwork.
Applications close 11:59 PM (MST), Monday, May 31, 2021
The call is open to residents of Indiana and the Midwest. Priority applicants must be residents of Indiana. Artists with addresses outside of Indiana will be reviewed by EL Design Studios and may be considered for the project at the discretion of the art consultant.
SCOPE OF WORK
Art provides a positive diversion, inspires hope, and contributes to an atmosphere of healing and restoration. In the hospital setting, art addresses the health of the human body and spirit, reminding us of the human connections, life experiences and memories that can support and comfort us as we confront illness.
By providing positive distractions to patients of all ages, the art program will play an integral role in supporting the healing process while enhancing the patient, family, staff, and community experience. The hospital’s desire is to feature art from local artists that incorporates a variety of styles, mediums, and content.
Artists are encouraged to submit pieces that are nature and culturally inspired to help celebrate what represents Indiana.
11:59 PM (MST), Monday, May 31, 2021
· Submit up to 10 images of available work or sold pieces that could potentially be commissioned. Please indicate if artwork has been sold.
· Image Description (not to exceed 500-characters per image). Please describe your work samples by including title, year made, medium, dimensions (widths x height), and wholesale price.
· Digital File Labeling. All digital files to be tiled as follows: last name_first name_title_medium_size (width x height)
· Biography (not to exceed 1 page).
· Resume (not to exceed 1 page).
Art will be selected and placed based on the following criteria:
1. Artist must be a resident of Indiana or the Midwest.
2. All submissions must be suitable for a healing, public hospital setting.
Keep in mind that a hospital is often a highly stressful environment, so your artwork should have a high likelihood of positively affecting viewers, even promoting a calming response from them. Avoid threatening imagery or imagery perceived as dangerous. Controversial or political imagery will not be considered. Artwork that contains graphic depictions of violence, sexually explicit imagery, and/or nudity are highly discouraged and will be disqualified.
3. Artistic interpretation of nature and or Indiana inspired art.
4. Highest quality content and craftsmanship.
5. Artwork that require minimal maintenance and cleaning that can be carried out within the normal cleaning duties of staff.
6. Three-dimensional pieces will be evaluated based on safety considerations, both for the artwork and for patients, visitors, and staff. Electronic media is discouraged.
7. All artists with work considered for use will be subject to a background check. Failure to disclose any criminal history will result in disqualification.
NOTIFICATION OF RESULTS
All notifications regarding application status will be provided via the CaFÉ system. Artists who apply will be notified of the selection panel’s decision by July 2021.
EL Design Studios reserves the right to not select any of the applicants.
CONTACT FOR QUESTIONS
All questions regarding the call for artists must be submitted in writing and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance with the online application process, please contact CaFÉ tech support at 888.562.7232 or CaFÉ@westaf.org, Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM (MST).