486 First Street Macon, GA 31201
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 4/23/21
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Drawn to Macon IV
Show Dates: June 4 – 25, 2021
Application Deadline: April 23rd
Acceptance Notification: May 7th
Drop off: May 25th – 29th, 10am – 5pm at Macon Arts Gallery (486 First Street, Macon, GA 31201)
Reception: June 4, 2021, 4 – 7pm at Macon Arts Gallery, Facebook Live at 4pm. Social distancing and masks required. Limit 25 persons in The Gallery at one time.
Eligibility: Artists over the age of 18
Juror: Kristy Edwards, Curator of Art at the Museum of Arts and Sciences, Macon, GA
The Gallery at Macon Arts Alliance is seeking submissions for the fourth annual juried show, Drawn to Macon. $1000 will be awarded in cash prizes. This exhibition will represent selected visual artists who use drawing as an integral part of their creative practice. The Gallery will display diverse approaches and concepts that expand the traditional definition of “drawing”. This context of drawing is not restricted to specific media, subject matter or dimensional application meaning both 2D and 3D submissions are eligible. Submissions may be preliminary investigative work, experimental work, or finished products.
Artists may submit three pieces for consideration, three single images for 2D work and three pairs of images for 3D work.
Accepted works MUST BE recieved by Macon Arts Alliance no later than May 29th in order to be included in the exhibition.
$500 1st Place
$350 2nd Place
$150 3rd Place
About the Juror: Kristy Edwards
Born in Richmond, VA
Education: BFA Art/Art Education UGA
Continuing Education / Mentorships/Masterclasses at Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Art with Odd Nerdrum, Columbus, Ga with Bo Bartlett, Jordan Sokol, Amaya Gurpide, Alyssa Monks.
Studied with Marc Chatov for 10 years.
Taught art to grades 6-12 at Stratford Academy.
Taught art to grades 7-8 at Ballard A Middle School
Owned and operated a wholesale linen company and worked with a company who sold my window paintings as prints to stores and catalogs worldwide
Currently the Curator of Art at MAS MACON
- 2D work should not exceed 60” x 72”
- 3D work must be able to be fit on a 16” x 16” pedestal or be able to be hung on a wall.
- Applications must include a short bio and statement about the work
- Accepted work must be shipped or hand-delivered to the gallery
- If shipping the work, postage must be pre-paid, and must include a return shipping label.
- Special installation requirements must be detailed in the application with specific hardware or devices provided.
- Entries must be available for sale at Macon Arts Gallery during the exhibition using a 60% / 40% artist/gallery commission formula. Work will also be listed for sale online at maconarts.org/shop.
- Unsold work may be picked up or will be shipped back within a month following the conclusion of the show (June 25th)
Inquiries should be directed to Sierra Bush by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling (478) 743-6940, or visiting the Macon Arts Alliance Gallery located at 486 First Street, Macon, GA 31201.