915 South Pacific Avenue, San Pedro, CA 90731
Contact Email: NWSExhibition@gmail.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 5/14/21
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 1
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 1
NATIONAL WATERCOLOR SOCIETY (NWS)
101st INTERNATIONAL OPEN EXHIBITION
Exhibition Dates: October 1, 2021 – December 11, 2021
April 1-May 14, 2021 Entries accepted at www.callforentry.org
May 14, 2021 Entry deadline – 12:00 Noon, MDT
June 10, 2021 List of accepted artists posted to NWS website
October 1, 2021-Dec 11, 2021 Exhibition Dates
Entry Fee: $40 NWS Members (with Coupon Code) / $65 Non Members
Acceptance is one count toward NWS Signature status and qualifies you for Signature Review.
JURORS OF SELECTION:
Juror: Ken Goldman https://goldmanfineart.com
Ken Goldman is an internationally known artist, author, teacher and Juror. A recipient of numerous awards, Goldman has exhibited widely in various group shows and solo exhibitions.
Juror: Bev Jozwiak http://bevjozwiak.com/wp
Bev Jozwiak is an American Watercolor painter who is well known for her figurative work and animal life. Her work is described as bold, with confident brushstrokes.
Juror: Donna Zagotta https://donnazagotta.com
Active professionally for more than 20 years, Donna is an internationally recognized artist, teacher and Juror. She has exhibited extensively in juried competitions nationally and internationally and has accumulated numerous awards.
JUDGE OF AWARDS: Ali Cavanaugh https://www.AliCavanaugh.com
Ali Cavanaugh is the author or Modern Fresco Paintings. Her work has been featured on book and magazine covers and in private and corporate collections throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
General Questions about the exhibition and entry:
Judy Saltzman, NWS Director of Exhibitions at NWSExhibition@gmail.com
- Artists must be 18 years or older.
- Each artist may enter only one (1) painting.
- Work must have been completed in the last 2 years.
- Work previously exhibited in any National or International Open Exhibition including NWS Member Exhibition is not eligible.
- Painting must be primarily water-based media on paper, Yupo or Aquabord.
- Other media, if used, must be in conjunction with the water media, which must be dominant.
- Collage is acceptable if it is created with approved paper painted by you in watermedia.
- Digital media, photography, prints, reproductions, diptychs or triptychs are not permitted.
- Originality: Your entry must be an original work of art, painted only by you, and not produced in a class or workshop. Photo reference material must have been taken by you.
- 2D Artwork image size: Minimum size is 5" x 7"; Maximum size is 40" on the longest dimension.
- Original artwork must match submitted image.
- Café Specs / file type jpeg or jpg / 1200 pixels or greater on longest side / max 5 MB.
FEES, SALES AND LIABILITY:
- The Exhibition non-refundable entry fee is $40 for members and $65 for non-members. Promo Code on the NWS website in the Members Only Section** (All entry fees are non-refundable without exceptions). Payment is by paypal or credit card only.
- A Non-Member may join as an Associate Member by paying the $50 annual dues BEFORE entering. To join or pay dues before entering at https://nationalwatercolorsociety.org
- All work must be for sale and there will be no price changes after acceptance. Your price should reflect the cost of having it framed. NWS is responsible for all sales and will retain a 30% commission. Also, NWS is due a 30% commission on “presold” paintings-those sold before the exhibition opens.
- Purchase Award recipients must ship framed artwork to donor (price accordingly).
- Attention International Artists: NWS wants to make sure you receive all proceeds, including awards. NWS will provide all documents and tax forms necessary.
- NWS and its representatives will take the utmost care but are not responsible for misrepresentation.
- Monetary awards remaining unclaimed by 12/01/2021 will be forfeited.
** Click here for CAFÉ Tips – including how to find and enter Promo Code for Members Discount.
SIGNATURE STATUS INFORMATION:
Following the Jury of Selection’s viewing and selection of paintings from images submitted to the NWS 101st International Open Exhibition, accepted Associates and Non-Members shall be invited to apply for Signature membership. There are two (2) methods in which to achieve Signature Status per the By-Laws of the NWS, Article III, Section 3.01 (A)(B).
- Associate and Non-members shall submit three (3) additional paintings, to be viewed by the members of the Jury of Selections; at a time to be set by the Board of Directors. The 3 additional works, along with the accepted painting will be required for the signature jurying process. The Jurors of Selection will make the decision regarding granting Signature Membership.
- Associates and Non-members shall submit a signed application for Signature Member status providing evidence that he or she has had three (3) paintings accepted and exhibited in the NWS International Open Exhibitions. Acceptance in the NWS Membership Exhibitions and any other NWS Exhibitions shall not be considered for such application.
LEGAL AGREEMENT / CONDITIONS AND RULES:
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: Failure to meet ANY of the conditions may result in the disqualification of your entry and may result in ineligibility to enter future NWS exhibitions for a minimum of two (2) years.
Submission of this image, if accepted by the Juror of Selection, shall constitute an Agreement on the part of the artist to comply with the conditions set forth in this Prospectus, including the following:
- Permission is granted to reproduce the painting in promotion of the exhibition and to use this image for educational and publicity purposes.
- I realize if my work is selected and I withdraw, or it does not meet eligibility requirements set forth in the prospectus - I will be disqualified immediately and will not be permitted to enter again for two (2) years.
- Purchase award recipients must ship framed artwork to donor. Artwork must match submitted entry image. If does not match, the recipient has the right of refusal
ALL COMMUNICATIONS TO:
Judy Saltzman, NWS Exhibition Director at NWSExhibition@gmail.com
Artists are responsible for monitoring their emails and the website for postings.