5417 Butler Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Event Dates: 6/5/21 - 6/30/21
Entry Deadline: 5/22/21
Days remaining to deadline: 10
Images - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 6
Total Media - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 6
Vestige Concept Gallery Presents: Backroads: Art, Less Traveled. This exhibit seeks to showcase works of art that venture off the beaten path, especially with regard to travel. Artwork could include places or experiences involving hidden gems, special or unusual places, wanderings, odd travel, strange encounters, and/or "lost" and fading places.
We are seeking artwork of any kind, from Emerging, Mid-Career, and/or Professional Artists. Work should somehow relate to the theme of the show.
"Backroads: Art, Less Traveled" In-Person opening reception will be held Saturday, June 5th, at 6 PM. Special live performance by singer/songwriter Reid Magette.
- "Backroads" is open to any artists over age 18, within the United States and Canada.
- Work should ideally have been created in the last two years, and must be the original artwork, ready to display.
- The specific work must not have been previously displayed in a Vestige Concept Gallery exhibit.
- Work must be for sale. (No "NFS" or deliberate overpricing)
- No Giclees or reproductions of original works will be accepted unless the work itself is a Giclee. Please note this, if applicable.
- All entries and fees will be processed through www.callforentry.org
- Applicants may submit up to six (6) entries. Two (2) entries are included in the $25 application.
- An additional charge of $5 per entry is charged for any additional submissions.
- Application deadline is May 22nd, 2021
- Artists will be notified of acceptance by May 24, 2021
- Shipped works of art must arrive no later than Wednesday, June 2nd, 2021.
CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
- Artists accepted into the show must send an email confirmation upon acceptance, plus be willing to provide an artist pic, short bio, and web/social links (if applicable). These items are necessary for the Online version of the show and other promotion. By submitting this information, you provide Vestige Concept Gallery all rights to post the work on their gallery website and within a paper brochure for the event.
- Accepted artwork must be the actual artwork as seen in the submitted images. No substitutions. Vestige Concept Gallery reserves the right to pull any artwork that differs from the images in the accepted submission. Any Giclees will automatically be pulled from the show unless it was initially stated that the work itself is a Giclee.
- Accepted artwork listed for sale must be for the price listed in the submission. No last-minute price changes.
- Vestige Concept Gallery will retain a 25% commission for any artwork sold--please factor this into your pricing.
- Artists are responsible for shipping & optional shipping insurance to and from Vestige Concept Gallery. A prepaid return shipping label must be included. Fedex or UPS only. No cash or checks.
- Shipped work must be sent in reusable, sturdy boxes and marked with your name. No loose peanuts. Artwork framed with glass is the responsibility of the artist and is not recommended. Artwork with glass that arrives in broken condition may be pulled from the event if artist is unable to remedy the issue.
- Late or damaged work will not be exhibited.
- Art damaged in transit is solely the responsibility of the artist and shipper. Artwork may also be hand-delivered, if applicable.
- Wall pieces MUST be securely wired, framed, and properly prepared for display. Painted edges and/or a clean edge gallery wrap (i.e. the gallery edges were masked off prior to painting), are acceptable.
- 2D Work must not exceed 30lbs, including frame. 3D work or audio/video must be available to discuss the display with gallery member, if selected, and you will be placed into "waitlist" status and be contacted by the gallery. 3D artists may wish to inquire with the gallery first before submitting.
MAY 22 Application deadline.
On or before MAY 24: Acceptance notification
JUNE 2 Deadline for shipped or dropped-off work
JUNE 5 Opening Reception
JUNE 6 "Safe" Walkthru Day (if applicable)
JUNE- normal business hours
JUNE 27 Show closes
JUNE 28-29 Unsold artwork is packaged and shipped back
Any questions please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be received through callforentry.org
Thank you for applying!