13929 Falcon Ave.
Apple Valley, MN 55124
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 8/1/21
Days remaining to deadline: 40
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Entry Fee (Member fee- 2021 NorthStar Watermedia Society National Exhibition): $40.00
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Seventh Annual NorthStar Watermedia National Juried Art Exhibition
Exhibition Dates: September 23 -November 5, 2021
Deadline for Entries: Midnight, August 1, 2021
This year's exhibition will be held at Wildwood Library, 763 Stillwater Road in Mahtomedi, Minnesota 55115. Wildwood Library is a new state-of-the-art community facility designed with an art gallery which is open Monday through Saturday.
Juror and Judge
The juror for our Exhibition is Chris Harrison, an Ohio native who received his BFA from Columbus College of Art and Design in Columbus, OH. Harrison currently lives and works his studio practice in Minneapolis as a visual artist, illustrator and graphic designer where he creates paintings, drawings, sculpture and collage. He has exhibited his work in solo and group exhibitions in the United States, Senegal, Ecuador, and the United Kingdom. Harrison has been supported with grant funding from the Jerome Foundation, Minnesota State Arts Board, and MRAC Next Step. As 2021 Guest Curator for Artistry Theater and Visual Arts, Harrison recently curated the exhibition “Unfurled.” He is also currently a Museum Arts Educator at Walker Art Center.
2021 Exhibition Calendar
NorthStar Watermedia Society will award a minimum of $3,000 in cash plus non-cash prizes for the 2021 National Exhibition. Awards in 2020 totaled over $8000 in a combination of cash, gift certificates, and merchandise.
• Best of Show - $1250
• 2nd Place - $1000
• 3rd Place - $750
• Named awards and additional cash/product awards
Open to all artists 18 years or older.
Entry Fee (non-refundable)
• NorthStar Watermedia Society members: $40 for up to three images.
• Non-members: $50 for up to three images.
• You need not be a NorthStar member to enter the National Exhibition, but you must be a
NorthStar member to be eligible for a signature status. It's easy to join NorthStar! The membership form and payment options are online. Simply click this LINK: https://northstarwatermedia.wufoo.com/forms/za3s3oe1yahycw/
All entries are handled by www.callforentry.org. Entry deadline is midnight, August 1, 2021
• Registration is online only at www.callforentry.org. See image guidelines at https://www.callforentry.org/uploadingimages-audio-and-video-files/ for help to properly size your images.
• Each artist may submit up to three paintings; however, only one can be selected for the exhibition.
• Show only the image, no frame or mat or wall. The image must be correctly oriented (vertical or horizontal).
• No digital watermark may be shown in the image.
• After a painting has been entered, its title and price may not be changed. Please price paintings with consideration of framing costs, applicable sales, commissions and tax, or as NFS.
For Questions about Entry Process
Specifications and Restrictions
• All work submitted must be suitable for a family audience.
• Entries limited to paintings in watercolor, acrylic, casein, gouache, water-soluble ink, and egg tempera.
• Acceptable surfaces include paper, yupo, canvas, canvas board, or board.
• Only papers hand painted by the artist may be used for collage.
• No paintings accepted that use pastel, oil pastel, wax crayon, water soluble oil, alcohol inks, computer generated images, or any form of print reproduction.
• Work and source material must be wholly original and not derived from any published images or other artists’ work.
• Entries may not have been exhibited in any previous NorthStar Watermedia Society exhibition.
• Maximum size is 42” in any direction. Maximum depth 3”. THIS INCLUDES THE FRAME.
• There is no minimum size.
• Framing or mounting is required for all paintings, except a gallery-wrap canvas finished on all sides as continuation of the image, or cradled Ampersand.
• All paintings must be wired for hanging on the vertical sides of the frame. NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS allowed. Finished work to be suitable for hanging in a fine arts gallery.
• Please protect your painting as you see fit. Be advised that large paintings with glass may be subject to breakage.
• All insurance is the responsibility of the artist.
• No work may be withdrawn before close of exhibition.
• NorthStar cannot make special shipping arrangements.
• Accepted painting must be same as entry.
• If an accepted painting is not submitted for the show, the artist will be disqualified from entering any NorthStar National Watermedia Exhibition for three (3) consecutive years.
• In this time of uncertainty due to the COVID-19 coronavirus, it remains the intention of NSWS to hold our annual exhibition with our customary on-site jurying for awards, open exhibition hours, and award ceremony/reception.
• Should health advisories occur, we will keep ALL entrants informed of any modification we may need to make. Regardless of the latter, we will, at a minimum, ensure that images of all accepted entries, the juror's written comments as well as a list of all award-winning artists and their paintings will be posted on the NSWS website.
• All artwork displayed in the exhibition will be available for viewing on the NorthStar website throughout the exhibition.
• All sales and delivery arrangements shall be between artist and purchaser including payment of sales tax as required by law. If necessary to facilitate a sale, the NorthStar National Committee shall provide contact information of the artist to prospective buyers as permitted by the artist.
• NorthStar Watermedia Society retains 15% on any sold artwork in the exhibition.
• Artwork may not be removed until after completion of the exhibition.
Delivery of Artwork
Every artist whose painting is accepted will receive instructions for shipping or hand-delivery. Read the instructions carefully.
Hand-delivered artwork must include the following:
Exhibition fee: $20 check payable to NorthStar Watermedia Society
Shipped Artwork must include ALL of the following:
Exhibition fee: $20 check payable to NorthStar Watermedia Society
Handling fee: $60 check payable to Artists’ Choice for cartage and unpacking and repacking services
Prepaid return shipping label
Copyright and Production Rights
As condition of entry, entrant grants NorthStar Watermedia Society the right to reproduce accepted artwork in materials such as a CD, catalog or video, press releases, publications, brochures, leaflets, invitations, radio, television or website announcements, and other printed or electronic media.
Disclaimer/LegalArtists should provide their own insurance. NorthStar Watermedia Society and Wildwood Library, Washington County will take every precaution against damage or theft, but will not be responsible for damage or loss, whatever the cause. Submission of an entry to this exhibition constitutes the agreement of the artist to all terms and conditions in this Call For
Entries. The entering artist does for himself/herself, his/her heirs and assigns, hereby forever waive, release and discharge NorthStar Watermedia Society, its members, and Wildwood Library and its agents from any and all manner of actions, suits, damages, claims, and demands whatsoever, in law and equity, for any loss or damage to the artist’s property, and for any personal liability.