Collective Visions Gallery, PO Box 553, Bremerton, WA 98377
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Competitions
Event Dates: 0/0/00 - 0/0/00
Entry Deadline: 7/19/21
Days remaining to deadline: 27
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 1
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 1
This Juried Exhibition will be an ONLINE ONLY exhibition, running from August 1, 2021 through August 31, 2021.
Please read this prospectus and all directions carefully!
• Artists aged 18 as of January 1, 2021 and up to age 29 as of Dec 31, 2021, with residences in Washington State, Oregon, or Idaho are eligible for the CVG Under 30 Juried Show.
• Each artist may submit 1 piece of art. As long as the entry fits the requirements, every entry will be accepted into the online show. Your entry fee does not guarantee acceptance into the exhibition. If your image is of poor quality, blurry, crooked, or contains inappropriate content, it will not be accepted.
• The entry fee for 1 submission of artwork is $25.00, and is non-refundable. Entry fee must be paid online through CaFE.
• Any medium, style, genre of 2-D, Photo/Digital and 3-D artwork, including painting, drawing, encaustic, collage, mixed-media and sculpture is eligible. Giclee prints are not eligible for entry. Art reproduced and painted over a print will not be accepted. Works created under the direction of a school, class or an instructor are NOT eligible for entry. No video entries will be accepted.
• Artwork must be family-friendly and appropriate for the general public. Artwork that does not meet this standard will be rejected.
• All artwork must be the sole work and exclusive property of the submitting artist, and created by the artist. For example, works that include jewelry-based pieces must use artist-created jewelry and not purchased jewelry. Work cannot be based on copyrighted or previously published materials.
· Artists may not substitute or alter the work, title or price after it has been accepted.
· Artwork must have been created after January 1, 2019.
• All artwork must be available for purchase. Prices must remain as submitted. The Collective Visions Gallery receives a 33% commission for all sales.
• Since all works are offered for sale, they must be display ready. 2D pieces must be framed or gallery wrapped and wired for hanging. Photo/Digital pieces on paper or canvas must be framed and wired for hanging. No sawtooth hangers allowed. Photographic prints on metal should be equipped with mounting hardware if not framed.
· Please price your work to include possible gallery commission and reasonable shipping/handling fees.
Artists are responsible for shipping or delivering sold pieces themselves and cannot add another fee to buyers when making shipping arrangements.
· Once the Gallery receives payment and notifies the artist, the artist MUST provide tracking info AND proof of delivery to the buyer in order to receive payment for the sale.
In addition to these requirements, please follow the procedure below for re-naming your image file for this exhibition. You will need to upload your image into your CaFE portfolio in this format in order to submit it for this show.
Please rename your image for submission as follows:
First InitialLast Name_Title of Work_dimensions in inches
The online exhibition will be hosted on our website at www.collectivevisionsgallery.com
All artists who submit work will be sent a link to view the exhibition.
• Online Submissions open: Sunday, May 9, 2021, at 9:00 am Mountain Time.
• Online Submission close: Monday, July 19, 2021, at 11:59 pm Mountain Time.
• Notifications of results will be sent to all submitting artists by email: on or before July 31, 2021
• Virtual Exhibition Dates: August 1 through 31, 2021 at www.collectivevisionsgallery.com
• An Awards Ceremony will be scheduled via ZOOM (date/time TBA)
Cyrra Robinson graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Sculpture focusing on Metalwork and Stone Carving. She spent the remainder of her undergraduate career at The Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington after a year at Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle, Washington.
Her work is currently publicly displayed in Washington, Vermont, and Montana. Two of her sculptures are permanently installed at The Evergreen State College in partnership with the Washington State Arts Commissions Collection. Her work is also included in the city of Olympia's public art collection, previously featured in front of City Hall before permanent installation in downtown Olympia.
She has participated in four solo exhibitions and twenty-five group and duo exhibitions in Oregon, Florida, California, Montana, Washington, and Vermont.
She currently resides and works at her studio in Olympia, WA, while also teaching art to children at South Sound Dance in Tumwater, WA. Cyrra's experience includes jurying the Percival Plinth Public Art Project in the City of Olympia, Washington.
Debra Wuts is an accomplished photographer whose body of work includes landscape and water views, flora and fauna, abstract works and more. In her own words: “Nature is my muse and I have always seen life through the lens of a camera…Color, details and abstractions are my favorite tools.”
Debra’s work has been shown in group and featured shows, and is part of many private collections. She has been a juror for the Kenmore Art Show in Kenmore, Washington.
1st Prize $300 (plus offer of a one-month Underground Featured Show TBD at CVG in 2022)
2nd Prize $200
3rd Prize $100
2 Honorable Mention Awards $25 art store gift certificate
Checks and certificates will be sent by mail following the end of the show.
Procedures and Details
• Submission for this exhibition is handled exclusively through CaFE. All submitted artwork must be uploaded to this site. One piece of artwork can be submitted. Artists who encounter technical difficulties can request help from CaFE staff at email@example.com.
Questions related to the exhibit can be sent to the show chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
• It is very important that artists upload and submit only one photo for the piece being submitted.
Please check that the artwork is properly oriented in the photo, that the frame or other peripheral objects are not included. Attention should also be given to keystone effect and glare, which are common issues in photographing artwork.
The exhibition jurors will select the participating pieces and prize winners from these digital photographs.
Images of inferior quality may result in exclusion the show.
• CaFE has specific requirements regarding the file sizes of the photo submitted. Most images will be re-sized automatically. Follow their directions or contact their staff. In short, photos cannot exceed 5MB and the resolution must be 72dpi