Palos Verdes Art Center
5504 Crestridge Road
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90274
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Competitions
Event Dates: 7/24/21 - 8/21/21
Entry Deadline: 6/30/21
Days remaining to deadline: 8
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
The Summer Show
July 24 – August 21, 2021
Entry Deadline extended to June 30th.
Juried all-media exhibition hosted by AND open for submission only to members of the Palos Verdes Art Center's eight active artists groups: Artists Open Group, Pacific Arts Group, Paletteers, Palos Verdes Painters, Peninsula Artists, Photographic and Digital Artists, The Artists Studio, and Third Dimension.
NOTICE: This is our first onsite exhibition since COVID-19. We will continue to place all shows online as well. If we re-enter lockdown due to Los Angeles County orders, this will be a virtual exhibition only, on view at pvartcenter.org. Need help taking photos of your art? Visit these instructional videos at https://tinyurl.com/ybtoqvlz.
JUROR: GLORIA PLASCENCIA
Gloria Plascencia is a Portrait and Fine Art Photographer, Curator, and former Arts Commissioner for the City of Hawthorne, where she served from 2015 through 2019.
She is an Accredited Master Photographer, a title earned by competing in international portrait photography competitions, and an accredited photography judge from Professional Photographers of California. She has been published in many publications, including Los Angeles Times, The Daily Breeze, Easy Reader News, and L.A. Graffiti Black Book by David Brafman (Getty Publications).
She has curated several exhibitions in Southern California and her works have been exhibited in many galleries, including Los Angeles Municipal Art Center and Palos Verdes Art Center. She was named one of the top eight curators in 2015 by Genie Davis at CBS Los Angeles.
Online Submission Dates via CaFÉ: Tuesday, May 25 – Thursday, June 24
Juror’s Selections Announced via CaFÉ: Monday, July 12
Take-In of Selected Works: Friday, July 16 – 9:00 to 11:00 am
Opening Reception: Saturday, July 24 – 6:00 to 9:00 pm
Close of Show: Saturday, August 21
Art Pick-Up: Monday, August 23 – 9:00 to 11:00 am
ONLINE SUBMISSIONS PROCEDURE:
· Go to https://www.callforentry.org/
· Create a CaFÉ profile.
· Follow step-by-step instructions in CaFÉ for creating a profile. Please be sure to identify your media and substrate, i.e. oil on canvas, digital on copper, etc.
· Apply to call for PVAC Summer Show. You may submit up to 3 pieces of art once your profile in CaFÉ is complete.
· 2-Dimensional artists may submit only 3 images (one per entry).
· 3-Dimensional artists may submit only 3 images (one per entry).
Image File Type: JPEG or JPG only.
Image File Dimensions: 1,200 pixels or greater on the longest side.
All artwork must be original to the artist and the source material must be original to the artist or from a permitted source.
Please do not submit work that has been previously exhibited at PVAC.
For assistance, call CaFÉ support: 303-629-1166.
REQUIREMENT FOR ENTRY:
· Current PVAC member in good-standing
· Active member in one of the 8 artists groups
· Juror selections will be announced through CaFÉ via email by Friday, July 2. (If you haven’t heard from CaFÉ by this date, check your spam and trash. You can also go to your CaFÉ portfolio and check there.)
· Juror-selected artwork must be hand-delivered to the Palos Verdes Art Center, Main Gallery on Friday, July 16 between 9:00 and 11:00 am.
· No early deliveries. All work must be delivered on July 16.
SIZE LIMIT & FRAMING:
· Maximum size allowable is 50x60 inches including framing for 2-dimensional artwork. This also applies to diptychs and triptychs. Weight is not to exceed 30 pounds.
· Maximum size for 3-dimensional artwork is 72x36x36 inches. Weight must not exceed 150 pounds.
· No damaged frames will be accepted; frames must be in good condition.
· All 2-dimensional work should be ready to hang; D-rings, wire or French cleats are acceptable.
· 1 1/2 inch stretched canvases need not be framed but should be painted on all sides. Canvases that are not stretched or thinner than 1 1/2 inches must be framed.
· PVAC reserves the right to refuse artwork that does not meet these requirements, even if accepted by Juror.
All media is eligible.
· Each artist may submit up to 3 pieces maximum, for a total fee of $35.
· Each artist may pay the entry fee on the CaFÉ website by credit card -or- by check made payable to PVAC with The Summer Show written on the memo line:
Palos Verdes Art Center
5504 W. Crestridge Road
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
Attn: Eliza Rosado
· PVAC will take a 25% commission on all sales of exhibited artwork.
· PVAC is not responsible for lost, stolen or misdirected entries.
Coverage applies only to the duration of the exhibition. PVAC carries no earthquake insurance. Artwork must remain in the exhibition until Monday, August 23.
If you have any concerns, please contact Val Simon:
phone – 805-300-8946
email – email@example.com