PO Box 90316 San Antonio, TX 78209
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Award
Entry Deadline: 1/9/22
Days remaining to deadline: 36
Images - Minimum: 6, Maximum: 10
Total Media - Minimum: 6, Maximum: 10
The purpose of the Art Jewelry Forum's (AJF) Young Artist Award is to acknowledge promise, innovation, and individuality in the work of an artist who is early in his/her/their career, and to help advance the career of a promising artist. The award consists of an unrestricted cash award of $7,500 to the winner and $1,000 to each of four finalists.
The competition is open to makers of wearable art jewelry who are 35 years of age or younger at the time of application deadline (Jan. 9, 2022) and who are not currently enrolled in a formal academic degree program or a vocational training program. Work submitted must have been made within the past two years (between 2020 – 2021) and without supervision; work from BFA / MFA thesis and/or graduation shows may NOT be submitted. Applicants who applied previously for the award must submit new work in the current application; that is, work submitted in a prior AJF Artist Award application may not be resubmitted in the current application.
Deadline for submission is 11:59 pm, (Mountain Time Zone - same as Denver, Colorado, USA) on January 9, 2022. Incomplete or late entries will not be accepted.
Four finalists and a winner will be selected, and their work will be presented by Platina gallery during Munich Jewelry Week in March 2022. Jurors for the competition will be: the winner of the 2020 Artist Award, MJ Tyson (US) ; collector Karen Rotenberg (US); and curator Chequita Nahar (Netherlands).
Art Jewelry Forum is a nonprofit organization spreading awareness and increasing appreciation of art jewelry worldwide since 1997. AJF advocates for art jewelry through an ambitious agenda of education, conversation, and financial support. It commissions critical writing that sets the standard for excellence in the field and publishes Art Jewelry Forum, an online resource for original content on art jewelry.
Art Jewelry Forum does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, disability, family status, gender identity or expression, marital status, military status, national origin, race or color, religion or creed, sex or sexual orientation, or for any other reason.
All applications must be submitted in English and include:
- Current resume (one page maximum) – do not include your name on resume
- Artist statement relating to the work submitted (approximately 200 words or less than 1000 characters) – do not include your name on artist statement
- A minimum of six and maximum of ten digital images showing up to eight pieces of work*
- One images must show a piece being worn on the body
- One images must show the back side or underneath side of a piece
- Each image must include: - title of piece - year produced - dimension s in millimeters - materials - photo credit – do not include your name in the image caption
- All images submitted through CaFe must also be available in high-resolution (300 dpi or higher, landscape preferred, TIFF of JPEG, and file size 3000KB) if your application makes it to the finalist round. The high-resolution images will be used by AJF for print media and promotion.
AJF members should remember to apply the discount code 2022YAA before checking out.
- A maker of wearable art jewelry
- 35 years of age or younger at the time of application deadline (Jan. 9, 2022)
- Not currently enrolled in a formal academic degree program or a vocational training program
- Work submitted must have been made within the past two years (between 2020 – 2021)
- Work submitted must be made without supervision, and cannot be part of a BFA / MFA thesis and/or graduation show.
- Applicants who applied previously for the award must submit new work in the current application; that is, work submitted in a prior AJF Artist Award application may not be resubmitted in the current application.