Contact Email: email@example.com
Images | Minimum:Min. 4, Maximum:Max. 6
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 4, Maximum:Max. 6
The Phoenix Office of Arts and Culture, in partnership with Fry’s Food Stores, a division of the Kroger Company, is seeking one professional artist to create an indoor mural for a new Fry’s Food Store at 26300 North Norterra Pkwy, Phoenix AZ 85085. The mural will be prominently displayed inside the store as part of the Kroger Company’s commitment to involving artists in beautifying new stores in Arizona and throughout the nation. The artwork will be expected to celebrate the unique spirit and identity of the store’s community and surroundings. The mural will be approximately 24 feet wide by 8 feet high and must be painted on durable panels that can be attached to the wall.
- Submissions Deadline: January 7, 2022, 11:59 MST
- Finalists Notified: January 14, 2022
- Proposal Design/Drawing Due: February 14, 2022
- Finalist Chosen & notified: February 28, 2022
- Mural installation July 6, 2022
To be considered for this commission opportunity artists must submit the following:
- Statement of Intent (1000 characters limit) – Describe why you are interested in this opportunity and highlight any relevant experience.
- Resume or CV. (3 page limit per artist) – Current professional resume or curriculum vitae (CV) including artist’s name, address, email, and phone number. Teams must submit one resume/CV per team member merged into one PDF, DOC, or DOCX file.
- Images – Up to 6 digital images of previously created artwork. Follow CaFE Guidelines for image format.
- File Type: JPEG or JPG only
- File Dimensions:1200 pixels or greater on longest side
- File Size: Under 5 MB
- Color Profile: sRGB
- Do not include more than one image in each JPEG
- Do not superimpose your name, logo, or other identifying information on the JPEGs.
- Include title, dimensions, date of completion, and a brief description of each artwork. List must identify artist’s role if the project involved a team effort.
Responding to this call is free.
Questions about the project or submittal should be directed to Barry Sparkman via email (Barry.firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (602-495-0893).
This opportunity is open to professional visual artists living in Maricopa County who specialize in painting and have the ability to create an exemplary large-scale mural. Artists who have previously received Fry's mural commissions are not eligible to apply for this one.