Entry Fee (Entry Fee for one ): $35.00
Media Fee(For each additional): $5.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
State: New Mexico
We are living in a time of challenging global events. Thoughtful and constructive examination of self and the world around us is called for, as we attempt to progress and move forward.
Artists can translate the world around them through innovative and creative processes, creating work that communicates distinctive perspectives and experiences for an individual and the world. REFLECTIONS IN CLAY calls for ceramic artwork, representative of individual viewpoints which examine and help to define our recent environments.
REFLECTIONS IN CLAY will be juried anonymously through the submission of digital images by the 2022 Western New Mexico University Visiting Artist: Jamie Bates Slone
WHERE: Light Art Space
209 West Broadway, Silver City, NM 88061
WHEN: Submission deadline May 31st, 2022 11:59 PM MST
$500 – FIRST PLACE: Tad Van der Weele Memorial Award
$300 – SECOND PLACE
$200 – THIRD PLACE
Awards will be announced during the Silver City CLAY Festival – July 11-17, 2022. Exact date/time of award announcements, TBD
May 31st – Entry Submission & Fee Deadline
June 7th – Notification of accepted entries
June 22nd – Accepted works must be received
July 1st – REFLECTIONS IN CLAY Exhibition Opening
July 11th - 17th 2022 – Silver City CLAY Festival
July 30th – Exhibition closes
August 2nd - 5th – Pickup of hand delivered work
August 2nd - 12th – Return shipment of unsold work
● One entry consists of 1 art piece (one image).
● Each artist may submit a maximum of 3 entries.
● If accepted, each entry must be marked on the back with the artist’s name, title, and retail price.
● Size limits:
FREE STANDING PIECES: No taller or wider than 24”, no heavier than 20 lbs. Must be stable and pedestal ready. WALL PIECES: No taller or wider than 24”, no heavier than 10 lbs. Must be ready to be securely hung.
● Entries must be made of natural clay.
● There are no restrictions as to design, finish or technique.
● All accepted entries must be for sale during the exhibition.
● Upon submission, the artist agrees to fulfill deadlines and cover return shipping costs and labels. FedEx is our preferred shipping method.
Fees & Shipping Entry fees:
$35 for one entry, $40 for two, and $45 for three.
For entries selected to be a part of the REFLECTIONS exhibition, the artist is responsible for shipping and insuring accepted work to and from the exhibition.
● The Exhibition is open to all artists 18 years and older, residing in the United States and internationally.
● Accepted entries must remain in the gallery for the duration of the exhibition and must be for sale, with CLAY retaining 50 percent of the total sale price.
● All works must have been completed in the last year.
● Entries shown in previous CLAY Festival juried exhibitions will NOT be accepted.