Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 10/21/21
Days remaining to deadline: 33
Images - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 3
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Theme: The Small Works Exhibition is AWD's annual exhibit featuring a vast compendium of fine art for the holiday gift-buying public. This exhibition will feature over 70 artworks in Gallery 1337 at Art Works Downtown.
Juror: Jack Fischer; owner and director, Jack Fischer Gallery, www.jackfischergallery.com
- November 13–January 23, 2022: exhibition dates
- Oct 21: Entries due via CallForEntry.org. Technically you have until 11:59 Mountain time (9:59pm Pacific time). Please note that we are not available for questions about applications after 10/20.
- Oct 29–30: Notification by email. You will receive separate emails for “Invited” and “Not Invited” artwork entries.
Note: delivery is two weeks after notification (mark your calendar).
- Nov 12 and 14, 10am–4pm: Deliver accepted entries. No exceptions. Masks must be worn. No restroom or art center access.
- Dec 10, 5–8pm: in-person Opening Reception and Art Walk. All attendees must wear a mask; gallery space capacity may be limited; no food or drink. This event is not guaranteed and may change or cancel depending on health and safety concerns.
- Gallery Open Hours: Friday 5–8pm, Saturday and Sunday 1–5pm
- Dec 24–Jan 2: Art Works Downtown will be closed for the Holidays. Thanksgiving hours have yet to be determined.
- January 28–30, 10am–4pm: Pick up unsold artwork
- SF Bay Area artists only (artist must live within 100 miles from San Rafael, California)
- Size limit: artwork must not exceed 18”x18”x18” including frame, stand, and all materials.
- Open to all visual arts media. Video must be silent and include player, monitor, and headphones within the size limit; projections are prohibited.
- Original artwork only. No giclées or reproductions. Editions are acceptable if they are original works such as printmaking, photography or limited original digital art.
- Submissions must not have previously exhibited in the AWD 1337 Gallery.
- Artwork must be for sale.
- Apply through Call For Entries.org. AWD will not accept hardcopy, email, or disk submissions.
Online Entry: AWD uses callforentry.org (CaFÉ) to process juried exhibitions. To submit entries, visit www.callforentry.org. First create a free profile then upload images to your portfolio. Second, apply to this call. The CaFÉ website provides all the assistance you should need to prepare your submissions and apply. If you have trouble sizing your image(s), use the links provided below for help. Before you start, we recommend reviewing the CAFÉ HELP page. We also recommend reviewing our CAFÉ Tips and Tricks by going to artworksdowntown.org > Exhibitions tab > Calls for Entry > Tips and Tricks. AWD does not provide technical assistance for submissions.
• 3D/sculptural entries: You can submit one image per artwork, we suggest submitting one image that includes two views.
• Free online image software: pixlr.com/editor; online-image-editor.com
• Make sure you are using the most updated internet browser. Check the CaFÉ help page or use this link: browsehappy.com.
Delivery of Accepted Work: Work(s) must be hand delivered to Art Works Downtown 1337 Fourth St., San Rafael between the hours stated under Exhibition Calendar. All work must be ready for installation. Wall hung work must be securely wired. Artwork must be easy, and ready to install. No substitutes will be accepted for works approved by the juror. Please also deliver an artist statement and resume for the exhibition binder. We do not print these materials for you. The artist must deliver or email the signed consignment contract before or upon delivery. If a representative of the artist delivers, the artist must call ahead to give the representative’s name. Apply only if you can arrange delivery on the specified delivery dates.
Covid-19 precautionary requirements:
• Every person must wear a mask.
• The art center facilities are not available during delivery or pick up.
Pick Up: Artists who do not retrieve their work will be charged a storage fee of $5.00 per day. Works remaining after 30 days will become property of Art Works Downtown. One person at a time, masks required.
Sales: Art Works Downtown (AWD) accepts a 40% donation upon sale. AWD processes sales as follows. All checks and credit card sales will be made payable to Art Works Downtown. AWD then reports the sales tax and passes the net sale to the artist. The artist is responsible for donating 40% of the net sale total to AWD. It is not the artist’s responsibility to report sales tax. All sold artworks will be allowed to be taken by the buyer at time of sale due to the holiday gift buying season. Sales will be paid to artists at the end of the exhibition.
Liability and Image use Regarding Work Submitted: Precaution will be taken to safeguard all work from loss or damage, but neither Art Works Downtown nor anyone connected with this exhibition will be responsible for loss or damage from any cause. Artist permits AWD to use images(s) of accepted works for AWD promotions.
Applications require 1–3 submissions of either images or videos.
SF Bay Area artists only (artist must live within 100 miles from San Rafael, California)