373 Tequesta Drive
Tequesta, FL 33469
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Exhibitions
Event Dates: 1/13/22 - 3/24/22
Entry Deadline: 11/23/21
Days remaining to deadline: 66
Images - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 10
Total Media - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 10
This juried exhibition of contemporary jewelry will be shown during Lighthouse ArtCenter's high-season blockbuster titled WARHOL. Private collectors are loaning over 25 pieces of original artwork by arguably the most famous pop art icon of the last century. The number of visitors is projected to exceed all records. All jewelry selected for exhibition in conjunction with WARHOL must be Warhol-inspired. Titled "Pop Art Jewelry", the exhibition will run from Thursday, January 13 – Thursday, March 24, 2022. This juried exhibition will focus on necklaces, rings, earrings, bracelets, and brooches.
Jewelry is a mobile art form that changes with culture, time, and resources. It is something that can perform differently in various spaces and evoke interesting conversations with friendly strangers. What kind of ways can you interpret Pop Art in jewelry? How do you incorporate recognizable imagery, content from popular culture, bold colors, and/or things that are mass produced into wearable pieces of art? Have fun exploring this theme!
The Lighthouse ArtCenter Gallery and School of Art
The Lighthouse ArtCenter in Tequesta, Florida is the oldest and largest arts organization serving northern Palm Beach and Martin Counties. The three building campus features a gallery with 5,000 square feet of exhibition space (producing 20 exhibitions annually) and a School of Art with 35 faculty members and master artists who serve over 2,200 adult students, 700 children, and offers outreach to underserved members of the community. Over 22,000 guests attend these world-class art exhibits and special events. The Lighthouse ArtCenter is a nonprofit 501c(3) charitable organization which has provided uninterrupted arts and cultural programming since 1964.
Please submit the following materials by Nov. 23rd 2020:
· Submit up to 5 pieces.
· Retail price range $100-$500
· Application $30
· No more than 10 images of your work in jpg format, 300dpi,
shortest side 1200 pixels
· Label images: With your last name, title of the piece, and number.
· Artist bio (one paragraph), Materials & Process
1. The artist will receive 60% of the retail price on any jewelry sold
during the exhibition.
2. Lighthouse ArtCenter will charge a commission of 40% for each
3. Lighthouse ArtCenter collects and pays all sales tax.
3. Artists will pay shipping to and from the Lighthouse ArtCenter
· Attach or write the image label on each piece of jewelry.
· Accepted artists must provide a credit card to be kept on file for
the return of unsold pieces at the close of the exhibition.
· Unsold works will be packed and shipped or picked up by