ArtScape Hendersonville 2022
P.O. Box 513, Hendersonville, NC 28793
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Public Art
State: North Carolina
Entry Deadline: 1/17/22
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
ArtScape Hendersonville is an annually changing, outdoor public-arts project that enriches the appeal of Hendersonville. Forty banners displaying the original artwork of Henderson County artists are hung on Main Street, the downtown avenues, and the Historic 7th Avenue District.
ArtScape’s corridor of colorful, waving banners brightens and enlivens Hendersonville’s historic downtown area and creates a unique outdoor art gallery for tourists and locals. The ongoing support of this annual display confirms Hendersonville’s commitment to art, creativity, and culture. They demonstrate tangibly the strong connection between the arts, local businesses, organizations, and individual art lovers.
ArtScape Hendersonville was founded in 2017 under the umbrella of the Art League of Henderson County. It is supported in part by the Community Foundation, Henderson County TDA, the Arts Council of Henderson County, and corporate sponsors.
- Only original artwork will be considered—no reproductions or giclée's.
- Artwork may be 2D, 3D, fine crafts, or photography.
- When selecting entries, artists should consider:
- Banner-display area is square—about 24” X 24”.
- Banners are displayed up high on a light pole. Thus, vibrant, high contrast entries might be most appealing.
- Artists may submit three pieces for one $35 entry fee. But only one entry per artist will be accepted.
- Image resolution must be high resolution (300 DPI, dots per inch) Image resolution must be1920 PPI (pixels per inch) on either the height or width edge. If you need further information about resolution, please review the guidelines in the Cafe portfolio. https://www.callforentry.org/artist-help-cafe/uploading-media/
- (Please note that Cafe image resolution requirements are smaller than ArtScape resolution requirements.)
- After the jury has completed its selection process, the ArtScape committee will notify participating artists of results.
- The ArtScape committee produces a brochure promoting ArtScape.
- Each artist will have two lines of copy in the ArtScape brochure.
- The first line is the artist’s name, as the artist wants it to appear in the brochure.
- The second line is the artist’s contact information—a TOTAL of 42 characters to be used for website, email, address, and/or phone number, as artist wants them to appear in the brochure.
- Please print and spell carefully and count characters to insure information is included accurately in the brochure. (Form will be provided to selected artists.)
- The artist’s work and name, along with the name of the banner’s sponsor, will appear on both sides of a durable-vinyl banner. Sponsorships are solicited by the ArtScape committee and provided by local businesses, organizations, and art lovers.
The City of Hendersonville hangs the banners annually on Main Street, the downtown avenues, and the Historic 7th Avenue District. The City maintains the banners throughout the duration of the exhibit.
The type of reveal event will depend on current CDC guidelines.
- MUST be a resident of Henderson County, NC
- At least be 18 years old
- Original artwork ONLY