Fairbanks Arts Association
P.O. Box 72786
Fairbanks, Alaska 99707
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 10/31/21
Days remaining to deadline: 14
Images - Minimum: 5, Maximum: 10
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 5, Maximum: 10
The Visual Arts Committee of Fairbanks Arts Association invites artists and artisans residing in Alaska to submit for review digital images of their work for possible solo, group, or curated exhibitions in the Bear Gallery for the year 2023. Every month, the Bear Gallery shows two fine arts exhibitions by Alaskan artists/artist groups working in a variety of media to local and out-of-town visitors of Fairbanks. Portfolios are reviewed by a panel of professional Alaskan artists and are chosen solely on the merit of the work samples entered.
Submission to the Portfolio Review constitutes an agreement to meet the gallery’s scheduling needs for the exhibit year beginning January 2023. Any selected artist unable to meet the gallery’s schedule will have to re-submit for review in the following year.
- Solo Exhibit: One Artist
- Group: Separate works of two or more artists
- Curated: Curator selects theme, conceptual focus, and included artwork.
NOTE: Artists may submit only one solo proposal. Group proposals consisting of a juried component, a call for entry, or an exhibit entry fee cannot be submitted for portfolio review. Curated and group exhibits must have an organizing representative.
Portfolio Submission Requirements:
- Up to 10 images of work completed in the last 5 years.
- If approved for an exhibition, artwork in the exhibition must be completed within the last 2 years.
- Group exhibit of more than 5 artists: two images of each artist’s work will be accepted.
- Artist Resume: Not to exceed two pages and must be submitted as a PDF. Resumes should include relevant education, training, and gallery exhibitions. Artist Resume is not visible to the jurors.
- Brief Artist Statement/Statement of Exhibit Intent. Artist Statement/Statement of Exhibit Intent is visible to the jurors.
No less than 5 and no more than 10 work samples must be uploaded in the "My Portfolio" section of CaFE. Samples should reflect high-quality work completed within the last five years. Up to three video files may be uploaded (this is included in the maximum of 10 uploads).
Conditions: Submission to Fairbanks Arts Association's Portfolio Review constitutes agreement to meet the Bear Gallery's scheduling needs for the 2023 exhibition year, beginning January 2023. Any selected artist unable to meet the Bear Gallery's schedule may have to re-submit for review in the following year.
*Current Fairbanks Arts Association Members: $30.00
Non-member: $35.00. Become a Fairbanks Arts Association Member here.
* Must contact email@example.com to receive coupon code
DEADLINE: October 31, 2021 at 11:59pm MST
For More Information:
Visit our website
Phone: (907) 251-8386 ext. 3