Contact Email: email@example.com
Entry Fee (Entry Fee for 2 entries): $25.00
Media Fee(Additional Entries): $5.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 2, Maximum:Max. 8
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 2, Maximum:Max. 8
Event Dates: 10/15/21 - 11/21/21
Primal Disposition seeks to showcase works of art that are raw, emotive, primitive, earthen, sexual, sensory, confrontational, instinctual. We are also looking for work that is primal in the materials used: foundational, basic, primary colors, elemental, and/or textural.
We accept works from emerging, mid-career, and/or professional artists. Work should somehow relate to the theme of the show.
"Primal Disposition" In-Person opening reception party will be held Saturday, October 16th, at 6 PM. Special live performance or DJ will accompany the event.
- "Primal Disposition" is open to any artists over age 18, within the United States and Canada.
- Work should ideally have been created in the last three years, and must be the original artwork, ready to display.
- The specific work must not have been previously displayed in a Vestige Concept Gallery exhibit.
- Work must be for sale. (No "NFS" or deliberate overpricing)
- No Giclees or reproductions of original works will be accepted unless the work itself is a Giclee. Please note this in the media tag, if applicable.
- All entries and fees will be processed through www.callforentry.org
- Applicants may submit up to eight (8) entries. Two (2) entries are included in the $25 application.
- An additional charge of $5 per entry is charged for any additional submissions over 2.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE is Saturday, October 2nd, at Midnight (MST)
- Artists will be notified of acceptance by Sunday October 3rd
- Shipped works of art must arrive no later than Wednesday, October 13th 2021.
CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
- Artists accepted into the show must reply email confirmation upon acceptance, and later, be willing to provide an artist pic, short bio, and web/social links (if applicable). These items are necessary for the Online version of the show and other promotion. By submitting this information, you provide Vestige Concept Gallery all rights to post the work on their gallery website and within a paper brochure for the event.
- Accepted artwork must be the actual artwork as seen in the submitted images. No substitutions. Vestige Concept Gallery reserves the right to pull any artwork that differs from the images in the accepted submission. Any Giclees will automatically be pulled from the show unless it was initially stated that the work itself is a Giclee.
- Accepted artwork listed for sale must be for the price listed in the submission. No last-minute price changes.
- Vestige Concept Gallery will retain a 30% commission for any artwork sold--please factor this into your pricing.
- Artists are responsible for shipping & optional shipping insurance to and from Vestige Concept Gallery. A prepaid return shipping label must be included. Fedex or UPS only. No cash or checks.
- Shipped work must be sent in reusable, sturdy boxes and marked with your name. No loose peanuts. Artwork framed with glass is the responsibility of the artist and is not recommended. Artwork with glass that arrives in broken condition may be pulled from the event if artist is unable to remedy the issue.
- Late or damaged work will not be exhibited.
- Art damaged in transit is solely the responsibility of the artist and shipper. Artwork may also be hand-delivered, if applicable.
- Wall pieces MUST be securely wired, framed, and properly prepared for display. Painted edges and/or a clean edge gallery wrap (i.e. the gallery edges were masked off prior to painting), are acceptable. Sawtooths are ok for photography only, that weighs less than 5 pounds
- 2D Work must not exceed 30lbs, including frame. 3D work or audio/video must be available to discuss the display with gallery member, if selected, and you will be placed into "waitlist" status and be contacted by the gallery. 3D artists may wish to inquire with the gallery first before submitting.
OCT 2 Application deadline.
OCT 3 Acceptance notification
OCT 13 Deadline for shipped or dropped-off work
OCT 16 Opening Reception
OCT/NOV -- normal business hours
NOV 21 Show closes
NOV 22-23 Unsold artwork is packaged and shipped back
Any questions please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be received through callforentry.org
Thank you for applying!
Minimum 2 work samples, Artist Bio and Statement
18+, US and Canada