Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $25.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 10
Audio | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 6
Video | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 6
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 5, Maximum:Max. 10
The Delaware Contemporary is an art space that infuses contemporary art and creativity into our community through compelling exhibitions, dynamic educational experiences, and access to the artistic process. Founded in 1979 by artists, The Delaware Contemporary presents exhibitions of regionally, nationally, and internationally recognized artists that explore topical issues in contemporary art and society.
The Delaware Contemporary (TDC) established an artist-in-residence program in 1992 to bring Delaware communities together with contemporary artists. Unlike the artist-in-residence program which was designed for established artists, the redesigned Residency Program extends the residency opportunity to all types and forms of creative producers, and significantly increases the duration of the residency from one-two months to a full year/twelve-month residency. The twelve-month residency will allow the residents to fully engage with the community and to produce a comprehensive body of work for exhibition and documentation.
In support of the museum’s ongoing efforts to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in our community as well as in our organization, TDC has placed emphasis on providing the Residency Program to Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC). TDC is driven to provide equitable access to career development and capacity building opportunities for underserved populations and strives to contribute to diversifying the nonprofit and museum industries through our redesigned Residency Program.
- Artist statement
- 5-10 images of artwork
- Current CV/resume
- Informational text responses
- Individuals enrolled in a full-time academic program during the time of the residency are not eligible to apply.
- Must be available to attend regularly scheduled weekly meetings and work one-on-one with assigned mentors.
- Be available to have sustained engagement with TDC staff, programming, and events for the full duration of the residency program.
- At this time all Artists-In-Residence are required to be vaccinated due to the shared studio space. Please email Lauren Peters at email@example.com if this poses a barrier to your participation. Alternative arrangements may be in place at the time of the Residencies.
- Merit of past work
- Readiness to engage with and benefit from the residency experience at TDC
- Potential to develop creative practice and impact the community at TDC and the local community