Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $25.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 6
Video | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 6
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 6
The Alaska Biennial is organized by the Anchorage Museum. The Biennial celebrates place through the lens of contemporary art with new works submitted by Alaskan artists. Individual artists are encouraged to submit works in a variety of media, including performance, writing, and sound.
The deadline for entries is June 27, 2022 at 9:59pm Alaska Time.
Artists will be notified by August 1, 2022 regarding artworks accepted into the exhibition.
Artworks accepted into the Alaska Biennial must be delivered to the Anchorage Museum between August 2, 2022 and September 9, 2022 between the hours of 10:00 am and 5:00 pm, Tuesday through Friday. (Note: excluding Labor Day, Monday, September 5.) Detailed instructions will be provided by Anchorage Museum staff when artists are notified for artworks accepted into the exhibition.
• Deadline for delivery of artworks accepted into Alaska Biennial: September 9, 2022 at 5:00 pm Alaska Time
Artist is responsible for inbound shipping/delivery expenses. The Museum covers return shipping expenses. Return of artworks will happen in the same method that artworks are delivered, unless other arrangements are agreed to in writing by the Museum (i.e., artworks that are delivered in person by an artist or representative, shall be picked up in person)
All entries, including time-based media, must be ready for installation.
All notifications will be sent by email through CAFÉ. Please be advised that these messages may get filtered directly to junk folders instead of inboxes, so please be sure to check both locations.
Each artist may submit a maximum of 3 works. Artists may include one additional image for each of the 3 entries, as well as additional links to view moving images.
3 works may be submitted
2 images for each work submitted (1 overall that shows the entire work, 1 detail image if desired)
6 images total for the entire application
For written work:
If works are 1 page or less, writers may submit up to 3 works.
For longer form pieces, please submit only one work. Limit 2,500 words.
Work can be submitted in .doc or PDF. Final display format will be decided once submission period is complete, and Museum will communicate with artists about our plan at that time.
What does “installation ready” mean, regarding entries to this exhibit?
- The work is complete and ready to install in a basic floor or wall display - work is not accepted if excessive assembly is required.
- The work must arrive fully framed and ready to hang. The Museum reserves the right to assess and change hangers for safety and security of work as needed during installation.
Entries must meet these qualifications:
- Artist is an Alaska resident currently residing in the state and/or based in the state for 6+ months a year.
- Work is made within 2 years of the application date (2020 to present).
- Work is created by an individual artist. Group or collaborative artworks will not be considered.
- This does not include support assistance such as framing.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.