Contact Email: Jutta.Kassatly@uss.salvationarmy.org
Call Type: Competitions
Entry Deadline: 11/15/21
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Call For Artists
The Salvation Army of Palm Beach County invites you to share your work by participating in the 2021 Centennial Card Set Design Competition celebrating the 100th Anniversary of The Salvation Army of Palm Beach.
We are calling on artists from Palm Beach to Miami to help the fundraising efforts that are critical to maintaining the important work we do to assist those in need. The Salvation Army of Palm Beach County needs your support to promote the arts through charity. We seek artists who will share their vision and interpretation of The Salvation Army’s core values.
Artists will be invited to submit their work representing one (or more) of The Salvation Army’s core values and/or a piece of work commemorating The Salvation Army’s 2021 Centennial. Artists are welcome to use any medium. A panel of expert judges will select the best work.
$3,500 for 1st Place
$1,500 each for 2nd – 6th Place
Application opens: October 1st, 2021
Application closes: November 15th, 2021
The winners will be honored at an evening reception at The Norton Museum on March 2nd, 2022.
The six winning pieces of art will be printed on high quality card stock and bundled to create an elegant and unique gift set. Each card will include a short bio of the artist as well as a short description of the value represented in the work.
Card gift sets will be distributed at the Norton reception and at all other events that The Salvation Army will hold during its 100th year in Palm Beach County.
1. Artists from Palm Beach, Broward and Dade County are invited to compete.
2. Artists are invited to submit artwork that reflect to one or more of the following categories:
- The Centennial Anniversary of The Salvation Army of Palm Beach County.
We want to see what these values mean to you. The artwork does not have to relate to The Salvation Army. It can be anything, i.e. a flower, a house or anything completely abstract. For the last category, it would be great to have an artwork that is celebratory in nature.
3. Submissions are open to the following mediums: Painting, Sculpture, Photography, and Mixed-Media of the aforementioned mediums. NFT file submissions will not be accepted.
4. Submission parameters:
- Painting to include Oil, Acrylic or Watercolor on canvas, board or watercolor paper.
- Photography and various points of view: documentary, fine art, photojournalism, experimental, personal, abstract, human, and street photography. Please note: A photo release and/or property release will be required for those pieces of art and/ or photographs that contain persons or trademarked elements in the photograph.
- Sculpture to follow the guidelines outlined for photography.
- Mixed-Media submissions are not restricted from incorporating the aforementioned mediums set forth in this guideline.
5. All pieces submitted to this competition must be original art by the artist.
6. Artists warrant that all art submitted are not derivative pieces from another person/artist.
7. Only digital images of the artwork will accepted through our online submission process for judging.
8. Artists have to create an account with CaFE prior to being able to submit art work.
- Image files need no unique title by the entrant. Image files are identified to the entry and assigned an arbitrary ID to ensure "blind" judging.
- Artist is restricted to one entry with up to two pieces of work.
- There is no restriction on when the entry image is or was created.
- Artist can create their own art unique to this competition.
- Only individual entries will be accepted, not team entries.
- The Judges and Salvation Army reserve the right to dismiss any submission they deem objectionable or not relevant to this competition.
- If selected, Artist’s work (including sculptures) must not exceed 5’X5’ for the gallery presentation that will take place at the Norton Museum on March 2nd, 2022.
- Submissions will be accepted from October 1, 2021 through November 15, 2021.