Contact Email: Janeen@LighthouseArts.org
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 9/12/22
Days remaining to deadline: 322
Budget: $$4,250.00 Awards
Images - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 6
Total Media - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 6
LUSH 2: A Contemporary Ceramics Exhibition provides an opportunity to feature your best pieces to influential collectors in a world class gallery in Palm Beach County, Florida, during the holiday season.
Artists selected for this exhibition will be juried by a panel of nationally recognized ceramics artists.
The exhibition runs from November 1, 2022– January 7, 2023. Thursday, November 3, 2022, will be the Artists' Reception and Award Ceremony with judging by the noted ceramicist, Brian Rochefort, on Thursday, November 3, 2022.
First Place $1,500.
Second Place $1.000.
Third Place $750.
Honorable Mention $500.
Honorable Mention $500.
Lighthouse ArtCenter (LAC) in Tequesta, Florida, is the oldest and largest visual arts organization serving northern Palm Beach and Martin Counties. The three-building campus features two state-of-the-art galleries with 5,000 square feet of exhibition space (producing 22 exhibitions annually) and a School of Art with 35 faculty members and master artists . LAC serves over 2,200 adult students, 700 children, and offers outreach to underserved members of the community. Over 22,000 guests attend the world-class art exhibits and special events. Lighthouse ArtCenter is a nonprofit 501c(3) charitable organization which has provided uninterrupted arts and cultural programming since 1964.
• Exhibition Dates: November 1, 2022 —January 7, 2023
• Call to Artists announcement: October 1, 2021
• Call to Artists application process opens on CaFÉ: October 1, 2021
• Online application deadline: 11:59 p.m. EST, September 12, 2022
• Notification of Acceptance: September 17, 2022
• Artwork to arrive at Lighthouse ArtCenter on or before: October 17, 2022
• Exhibition opens November 1, 2022, 10 a.m.
• Artist Reception and Awards Ceremony November 3, 2022, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. (Participating Artist and one guest are invited at no charge)
• Exhibition closes: January 7, 2023, 4 p.m.
• Unsold works packed and shipped or picked up by January 16, 2023
• Accepted artists must provide a credit card number to be kept on file for the return of unsold pieces at the close of the exhibition.
Digital Image submission guidelines: Failure to comply with the digital image submission guidelines may result in the rejection of your submission.
- Submit two digital images for each work: One front, one detail
- File format: JPEG or JPG only
- File dimensions: 1200 pixels or greater on the longest side.
- File size: under 5 MB
Checklist of what you will need to provide
Artist information: The name you list is the name by which your work will be labeled for the exhibition. Spelling and capitalization will be reproduced in the same manner you enter them on your application and all correspondence will be directed to the address, phone.
• Information about each piece:
- Artist name
- Size: Width x Height x Depth in inches
- Materials: 25 words or less
- Techniques: 25 words or less
- Photo credit: if photo is not by the artist
- Statement about the piece, 150 words or less. (LAC reserves the right to edit statements as necessary.)
Special Note: Lighthouse ArtCenter encourages you to send the best quality photos you can. Remember, the images you send are the only representations of your work the jurors will see when considering your entry. These photos are also the ones used in advertising and printed materials. Photos should be in sharp focus, showing all edges, well lit, with correct color and no distortions.
• $40 Non-refundable application fee covers up to three items we will provide to the jury.
• Consideration by digital images submitted through the CaFE (Call for Entry) website only.
• 3D Art must be delivered in pristine condition, ready to install with an appropriate base if necessary.
• Artwork must not have been previously displayed at the Lighthouse ArtCenter in Tequesta, Florida.
• All work must have been created within the last two years.
• All submitted pieces must meet the requirements in the prospectus. Any accepted works that deviate from these parameters will be rejected and returned to the artist at the artist's expense.
• All work must include two labels, one securely fastened on the back or inside , the other fastened to the front.
• Each label must contain the artist’s name and contact information, title of the work, dimensions, media, and price or NFS (not for sale).
• Artists are responsible for shipping and insurance of accepted works, both to and from the exhibition. Details for shipping will be provided once the jurying process is complete.
• Lighthouse ArtCenter (LAC) prefers (but does not insist) that the work be offered for sale.
• Lighthouse ArtCenter will collect and file all sales tax.
• By submitting your work for review, you confirm that you will adhere to all of the above.