Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $35.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 3, Maximum:Max. 5
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 3, Maximum:Max. 5
Event Dates: 5/10/22 - 4/26/23
The Clare County Arts Council welcomes all artists to apply to have your art sculpture featured as one of ten pieces. All entries must be submitted by 1/15/22. The selection committee will choose the top ten entries based upon artistic merit, creativity, public safety and durability in an outdoor setting. Finalists will be notified by February 28th with sculptures installed on May 10th. The exhibit will run May 10, 2022 through April 2023.
There are several competitive rounds for finalists to participate in. On May 10th, a jury will be assembled to award $2500 for the Best of Show which will be awarded at an Opening Event the evening after all art has been installed. The People' Choice award ($1,000) will be given to the piece that receives the most votes from exhibit attendees. This will be awarded in January 2023 and will be the featured exhibit on promotional materials for the following year. Additionally, finalists are eligible for an Honorarium ($750) that will be paid out within 30 days after the art has been installed.
Each entry shall be listed "For Sale by Artist" and CCAC shall have the opportunity for purchase, with one entry being chosen for a purchase which will become a permanent display within the community.
Since this is intended to be an interactive display, each artist is asked to provide a bio and a short paragraph about their sculpture which will help the viewer understand what they are looking at. For each entry, a QR code will link back to the CCAC website with the bio and paragraph to "tell the story of the entry". We believe this interactivity will help to develop a greater appreciation for art, grow the cultural experiences within the community, and provide each artist exposure to a wider audience.
- Artist Bio
- Artist story about the art being submitted
- Must include photos with different angles
- Entry can vary is size with the smallest pedestal of 18" x 18" and the largest size is 4' x 7'. Please note the base size with your entry.
- Each artist will need to provide the size of their entry by length, height, width and weight.
- The committee will need a description of how the art will be secured to the concrete base and if a mechanical lift or other specific tools will be needed for installation
All residents of the USA are eligible to apply