SDAC 2022 Art For State Buildings Program
South Dakota Arts Council
711 E Wells Ave
Pierre, SD 57501
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Proposals
State: South Dakota
Entry Deadline: 3/21/22
Days remaining to deadline: 52
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 10
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 10
Artwork selected for purchase for this collection
is based on the following criteria:
- The quality of the artwork
- The artwork's relevance to South Dakota's environment, history, heritage, or culture
- The applicant's professional arts experience
- The physical attributes of the artwork in permanence of materials and the artwork's safety in a public setting
Applications to this collection are reviewed annually by a five-member AFSB Selection Committee that consists of the following:
- State building architect or representative
- SDAC-appointed state building representative
- SDAC-appointed visual arts professional
- SDAC board member with expertise in visual arts
- Mayor-appointed community resident of Pierre,SD with visual arts expertise
- March 21, 2022: Artist deadline for submissions
- April 11-15, 2022: AFSB Selection Committee reviews applications
- April 18, 2022: Notification by email of acceptance or rejection of applications
- May 13, 2022: Artist deadline to deliver or ship original artwork to SDAC office in Pierre, SD
- Provide a bio or résumé. This information should include your current contact information such as phone number, email address, and mailing address; and should also include information that attests to the experience and artistic quality of the artist, such as training, mentoring, certifications, education, exhibitions, inclusion in public and private collections, and awards.
- Provide an artist statement. This brief statement should describe what inspires you as an artist to create and the artwork that results.
- Provide digital images of your artwork. Images of artwork available to purchase should appear first in order. Images provide an overview of the artist’s work for review by the AFSB Selection Committee. Submitted images must be high-resolution digital JPG files formatted to be viewed right-side up. Up to 10 total digital images are allowed of the artist’s work (within the last five years if possible) including artworks currently available for purchase and artwork for documentation.
- Provide information about each artwork submitted for consideration.
Required information includes:
- Title of artwork
- Purchase price (or Not For Sale) The purchase price must include all costs relevant to the artwork’s proper installation.
- Date of completion
- Any other information pertinent to the piece. If you have artworks that are complementary companion pieces, please add that information in your artwork description.
- Artists currently residing in South Dakota (or whose primary residence during the majority of their art career has been South Dakota) are eligible to submit proposals.
- Artists whose artwork has not previously been purchased through the AFSB program will be given priority in the selection process. This does not mean that previously selected artists will not be considered; however, other considerations being equal, preference will be given to an artist new to the program.
- The AFSB Selection Committee will make recommendation on purchases to the collection, and may divide the budget in any proportion and for any number of artworks.