915 South Pacific Avenue, San Pedro CA 90731
Contact Email: NWSExhibition@gmail.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 2/11/22
Days remaining to deadline: 26
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
National Watercolor Society (NWS) 2022 Member Exhibition is open to all Active NWS Members. This exhibition is ONLINE plus NWS Gallery Opportunity*. $10,000 in CASH AWARDS to honor our NWS Past Presidents. Three (3) $2,000, two (2) $1,000, four (4) $500, and one (1) $300 People’s Choice Award* (only artwork @ NWS San Pedro Gallery qualifies for this award).
Click here for Prospectus
Jan 1-Feb 11, 2022 Entries accepted at www.callforentry.org
February 11, 2022 Entry deadline - 12:00 noon, Pacific Time Zone
March 1, 2022 List of Accepted Artists posted to NWS website
May 3-June 26, 2022 Exhibition Dates
JUROR of Selection and Awards: Tim Saternow
Tim Saternow is an American painter whose watercolor paintings explore the lost and forgotten areas on the edge of the urban landscape. His paintings are published in numerous books and magazines and is also known for his award-winning theatre and film designs, along with an Emmy.
1. Open to all Active NWS Members. NWS Membership annual dues of $50 must be paid prior to entry. If you are not currently a member, please join as an Associate Member by going to the NWS website: www.nationalwatercolorsociety.org and click the orange Join Us Now tab on home page.
2. Artists must be 18 years or older.
3. Artists may enter two (2) paintings; only 1 painting per artists is eligible for acceptance into the exhibition.
4. All entries must have been created after 1/1/2019 and not previously shown in any NWS Exhibition.
5. Painting must be watermedia on natural or synthetic paper Yupo, Aquabord and Claybord must be framed. No stretched canvas or canvas board. Collage may be used but aqueous medium must constitute 80% or more of the work. All collage materials must be original designs executed on watermedia paper by the artist.
6. Other media, if used, must be in conjunction with watermedia; which must be dominant.
7. Digital media, photography, prints, reproductions, diptychs or triptychs are not permitted.
8. Originality: Your entry must be an original work of art, painted only by you; not produced in a class or workshop. Photo reference material must have been taken by you.
9. 2D Artwork image size; Minimum size 5” x 7”, Maximum size 40” on the longest dimension.
10. This is an online exhibition. Accepted artists are invited (optional) to ship their paintings to be on display at the NWS Gallery*.
FEES, SALES AND LIABILITY:
- Entry fee is $40 for 1 image; $50 for 2 images (All entry fees are non-refundable without exceptions).
- All work MUST be for SALE and there will be no price changes after acceptance. Your price should reflect the cost of having it framed. NWS is responsible for all sales and will retain a 30% commission for online or physical gallery sales. Also, NWS is due a 30% commission on "presold" paintings-those sold before the exhibition opens.
- Attention International Artists: NWS wants to make sure you receive all proceeds, including awards. NWS will provide all documents and tax forms necessary.
- This Exhibition does not qualify for NWS Signature status.
- Monetary awards remaining unclaimed by 12/1/2022 will be forfeited.
- Accepted Artists will have the opportunity (not required) to have their painting on display at the NWS San Pedro Gallery.
- Click here for shipping instructions or hand delivery of artwork; framing options; fees.
AGREEMENT / CONDITIONS AND RULES: Please read carefully!
Failure to meet ANY of the conditions may result in the disqualification of your entry and may result in ineligibility to enter future NWS exhibitions for a minimum of two (2) years and forfeit of any awards.
Submission of this image, if accepted by the Juror, shall constitute an Agreement on the part of the artist to comply with the conditions set forth in this Prospectus, including the following:
1. Permission is granted to reproduce the painting in promotion of the exhibition and to use this image for educational & publicity purposes.
2. I realize if my work is selected and I withdraw, or it does not meet eligibility requirements set forth in the prospectus - I will be disqualified immediately and will not be permitted to enter again for two (2) years.
3. Accepted artwork may not be displayed or offered for sale in another exhibition, competition, or gallery during the schedule time this exhibition (physical or virtual).
4. Artists are responsible for monitoring their emails and the NWS website for postings.
General questions about the exhibition and entry:
Judy Saltzman, NWS Exhibitions Director at NWSExhibition@gmail.com
Entries on accepted on CAFE
Must be NWS active members.