Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Event Dates: 4/8/22 - 5/1/22
Entry Deadline: 2/13/22
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
CONDITIONS, RULES, AND STIPULATIONS
1. ELIGIBILITY: Artists living in the United States who are 18 years old or older may participate.
2. ORIGINALITY: Each painting must be an original work of art, painted only by you, and not produced in a class or workshop under supervision. You may not submit copies or likenesses of another artist’s work or use reference work(s) or published source(s) not attributable to you.
3. SUBSTITUTIONS AND WITHHOLDINGS: Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work. Artists properly notified of acceptance may not withhold their work for any reason. Penalty may include exclusion from future SWS shows for up to two years.
4. CURRENT WORK: Entries must have been executed after 1 January 2019 and not exhibited in any previous juried, SWS exhibition.
5. SUBJECT MATTER: Unsuitable material will not be hung. Nude representations are not allowed. Decisions of the show chairperson are final.
6. MEDIA: All paints and media used must be water-soluble (i.e. watercolor, gouache, acrylic, casein, or ink). Water-miscible oils are not allowed.
7. SURFACE: The painting must be accomplished directly on natural fiber paper or illustration board. YUPO is not an acceptable surface. Direct painting on canvas, Aquabord, or Claybord is not allowed.
8. COLLAGE: Collage or other media may be used on up to 20% of the painting. All collage materials must be original designs executed on watercolor paper. The use of a computer reproduction is not allowed.
9. PAINTING AREA/MEASUREMENTS: The visible painting area of all framed and matted work must fall between 140 - 660 square inches. The visible painting must also be a minimum of 7” on the shortest side and a maximum of 30” on the longest side. (NOTE: All jpg/jpeg image(s) submitted for the exhibit must be cropped to show only the visible portion of the painting as it is seen when framed and hung – no mat or frame visible)
PHOTO IMAGE SIZING:
File Type: JPEG or JPG only.
File Dimensions: 1,200 pixels or greater on the longest side.
File Size: Under 5 MB.
· IMAGE NAME(S): Label image with the TITLE OF YOUR PAINTING ONLY. Only
letters and numbers may be used in the image file name (EXAMPLE: 7MountainsAtSundown).
If your painting’s title requires special characters, do not include them in the file name but they
can be added to the entry form.
10. CONVENTIONAL MATTING AND FRAMING REQUIREMENTS:
· Frames must have a professional appearance and be free from damage or blemishes
· Maximum weight is 40 lbs
· All matted and framed pieces must be under polycarbonate or acrylic (i.e. Plexiglas). Glass is not allowed
· A visible mat with a minimum of 2.5" to a maximum of 6" is required
· Single or double matting is permitted with white or nearly white mat board
· A colored liner may be used along with a single white or nearly white mat. The liner reveal must be no greater than 1/4"
· Float mounting is acceptable; however, a minimum of 2.5” to a maximum of 6” of visible mat around the painting is required; spacers are allowed
· Painting must not touch the glazing
11. AWARDS: The following awards will be presented:
· First Place $500
· Second Place $300
· Third Place $200
· Juror’s Choice Award $150
· 2 Honorable Mentions $100 each
· In addition to the above, sponsor’s gifts may be presented
· FORMS: Entry is accomplished by form completion online at the CAFÉ website (www.callforentry.org). An image of 2 to 5 megabytes is required.
· IMAGES: JPG or JPEG IMAGES will be used by the Juror of Selection to determine the paintings to be hung. For this reason, you will want to provide the best picture you can that accurately reflects your achievement. SWS suggests your submissions be professionally scanned or photographed if you are unsure.
· FEES: (Payable online) Individuals may submit a maximum of two paintings for this show. Members’ entry fees for the first submission are reduced using coupon codes which will be published within SWS and entered on the form at the time of submission. Entry fee payments are by credit card on www.callforentry.org at the time of entry. All fees are nonrefundable.
SWS Member Entry Fees are: 1st Painting $30
2nd Painting $20
Nonmember Entry Fees are: 1st Painting $45
2nd Painting $20
COUPON: Members may use a coupon code to discount their first painting. The code will be sent to the membership. If you need more information about using the coupon – please call the show chairperson.
13. SALES: There will be no direct sales in this show and SWS is not an agent for the sale of paintings in this show. SWS will only provide contact information from those artists who provide such information to SWS for release. Information you place on your artist's biographical statement is releasable to the public at large. SWS does not charge a commission or sales tax for sales that take place between the artist and the purchaser. If an artist wants to sell a painting, the transaction is solely his/her responsibility. All paintings that are hung in this show must remain hung until the end of the show.
14. JUDGING: Acceptance into the exhibition will be done from jpg/jpeg image(s) provided in the application process. Notification of acceptance will be accomplished by email. Accepted artists and painting titles will also be posted on the SWS website. Barring unforeseen circumstances, final judging will take place at the exhibition of the original paintings sometime after hanging. If possible, the assignment of awards will occur on April 9th at an SWS general meeting.
15. PROMOTIONAL USE: Your entry in this event entitles SWS to reproduce your artwork and entry information for promotional purposes. Images may be archived by SWS for future promotional use.
16. ARTIST NOTIFICATION: Only artists whose submissions are juried into the exhibition will receive notification. Artists’ names along with titles of accepted paintings will be posted on the SWS website. For artists who ship paintings, shipping information will be provided when you are accepted into the show. Accepted artists will receive an exhibitor’s packet with more information. Artists who ship painting(s) must provide return prepaid shipping labels along with their shipped painting(s).
17. ARTIST BIOGRAPHY AND STATEMENT: Participating artists will provide a current, single-page artist biography and artist statement (formatted as either an MS Office word document (.doc(x)) or raw text file (rtf)), including a current headshot jpg/jpeg image (please, no pdf files). From this, a catalog of exhibition artists will be constructed for virtual reference. If you do not want your contact information to be public, do not include it in your biography and artist statement.
18. END OF SHOW: Paintings must be retrieved Monday, May 2nd, 2022 between 10:00 am and noon. Changes to the pickup of art must be coordinated with the show chairperson. It is the artist’s responsibility to arrange for alternative pickup or shipping of their works before this date. Any work not retrieved at the end of the show will become the property of SWS to retain or dispose of as it deems appropriate. Return shipping labels are required for artwork shipped to the exhibit. Shipped artwork will be returned in its original packaging.
19. LIABILITY CLAUSE: SWS and its agent the MAC will take precautions to ensure the safety of the artwork. However, neither SWS nor the MAC will be liable for the loss or damage to any artwork submitted to the show. Insurance is the sole responsibility of the artist. By entering this event you agree to abide by the conditions, rules, and stipulations imposed by SWS. Failure to follow SWS conditions/rules may lead to disqualification of your entry.
See Conditions, Rules and Stipulations
You must 18 years of age or older to enter this exhibit.