Entry Fee (Women & Their Work's 2023-2024 Solo Exhibition Series Entry Fee): $15.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 6, Maximum:Max. 10
Audio | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 4
Video | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 4
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 10, Maximum:Max. 10
Women & Their Work requests applications for our 2023 - 2024 Solo Exhibition Series.
- We require 10 work samples – All 10 samples may be images of 2D/3D work, or up to 4 samples may be videos of time-based work. We will only be able to view 3 minutes of each video so please prepare files accordingly. Select your images/videos with great care as they are the primary basis of our selection process. Prioritize recent, strong work that communicates well through documentation and that is emblematic of the quality of work proposed. The CaFE platform includes “price” as a required field when uploading artworks. W&TW does not need this information and welcomes artists to enter “0” for the price section.
- Artist Statement - Include a one-page statement describing your work, your aesthetic vision, and your plans for a future solo exhibition here.
- Résumé - Upload a current resume. Do not include announcements, catalogs, reviews, or letters; they will not be reviewed.
- Application Fee - A $15 processing fee is required. This fee helps us offset CaFE platform costs.
- February 4, 2022: Deadline for all applications is 11:59pm CDT.
- February 25, 2022: Notification to all applicants.
- Summer 2023 – December 2024: Exhibitions will be scheduled for six-week periods between these dates.
Women & Their Work seeks women artists in Texas who create inventive, high-caliber contemporary art that breaks new ground or proposes innovative approaches to form and content. Selections are based on an evaluation of the work you submit; we look for a strong, consistent aesthetic vision. Recently created work in all media will be considered. We strongly encourage selected artists to create new work for their exhibition at Women & Their Work; no work that has previously been exhibited in Austin will be accepted for exhibition. The work in the application should demonstrate that you are capable in vision and scope of creating a powerful solo exhibition that can command an approximately 1,700 square foot gallery space.
We will choose artists for 6-week solo exhibitions occurring between Summer 2023 and December 2024.
The gallery is approximately 1,700 square feet with 12 feet high ceilings, track lighting, and two moveable walls. Projectors, media players, and sound equipment are available.
The 2023 - 2024 Solo Exhibition Series jury panel will be comprised of artists who have had a solo show here in the past and gallery staff. Every applicant is carefully reviewed, considered, and discussed.
You will be notified by email of your application. Please do not seek information on the status of your application prior to the deadline. If you have questions about how to apply online, please ask Jordan Nelsen anytime via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 512-477-1064.
- Women & Their Work will award an honorarium of $2,000 to the artists who are selected for our 2023 - 2024 Solo Exhibition Series. Our gallery staff will work with you to help you achieve all aspects of your vision.
- Curatorial Advisor – We provide a modest honorarium for a Curatorial Advisor. This may be someone who meets with you as your work develops, offers guidance on installation of the work, or offers assistance.
- Catalog – We will publish a catalog for your exhibition featuring a commissioned essay and images of your work.
- Video – We produce a six-minute video of you discussing your work, which is featured as a supplemental material in the gallery and on our website.
- Public Program – With your guidance, we will organize a public program to take place during the run of your exhibition. This could be a panel conversation, performance, workshop, etc.
You will receive 75% of the sale price of any work sold during your exhibition.
Please upload your application by February 4, 2022. We appreciate this opportunity to view your work. We encourage you to begin your application early. We are happy to clarify the guidelines, encourage you, offer you free wifi, or direct you to CaFE tech support. We’re here to assist you weekdays 10-6pm. We look forward to seeing your work!
FORMAT & FILE SPECIFICS
Read about how to size you jpegs and other upload details here: https://www.callforentry.org/artist-help-cafe/uploading-media/
Women & Their Work is a non-profit visual and performing art organization located in Central Austin that serves as a catalyst for contemporary art created by women living and working in Texas and beyond. For 40 years, Women & Their Work has brought groundbreaking art to Austin, with exhibitions, performances, and educational workshops.
Known for our pioneering spirit, embrace of artistic innovation, and commitment to Texas audiences and artists, our goal is to enrich the cultural experience for all by:
- Emphasizing the value and excellence of art by women
- Educating audiences of all ages about contemporary art
- Equipping artists with financial and technical support
- Engaging the community through diverse exhibitions, performances and other programs
See guidelines above.
Women and women-identifying artists currently residing in Texas who have not had a solo exhibition at Women & Their Work within the past ten years are eligible. Please provide a current Texas address on your application.
We strive for a diversity of experiences and perspectives. Women of color and all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We use an inclusive definition of woman and we welcome any artists who identify as women.
We do not accept applications from current undergraduate students or Masters degree candidates.