P.O. Box 153581 Irving, TX 75015-3581
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Event Dates: 5/14/22 - 6/11/22
Entry Deadline: 3/6/22
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Entry Fee (Entry Fee for member of Irving Art Association (up to 3 works of art)): $45.00
The 37th 2022 Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Exhibition is open to all artists 18 and older living in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, and Oklahoma. Sponsored by the Irving Art Association and the Irving Arts Center, it will be on display at the Center May 14 - June 11, 2022. For more information see the website: TexasAndNeighbors.com
Up to three works of art may be entered by an artist for an entry fee of $55 ($45 for IAA members). Includes eight media categories: Oil Painting, Acrylic, Water Media, Mixed Media / Other Media, Drawing (Dry Media), Photography, Printmaking, and Sculpture / 3D.
The deadline for entry is has been extended to March 6th
$9,000 in prizes! Artists may also earn signature status by exhibiting in five shows.
The exhibit will be both physical and online. A virtual tour of the exhibit will be available after the exhibit is open for two weeks and will be kept up indefinitely on the Irving Arts Center virtual website at https://iaconlineart.com. (Take a look at last year's exhibit!)
All events will take place at the Irving Arts Center, 3333 N. MacArthur Blvd., Irving TX 75062. Visit www.lrvingArtsCenter.com for directions.
Entries open January 1, 2022
Deadline for entries Monday, March 1, 2022 at midnight
Notification of acceptance March 20 - 21
Shipped paintings arrive April 4 - 8
Hand deliveries Saturday, April 9, 10 am - 3 pm
Juror talk & Reception Saturday, April 9, 7 - 9 pm
Exhibit dates MAY 14 - JUNE 11, 2022
Reception & Awards Ceremony Sunday, May 15, 2 pm - 5 pm
Strike Sunday, June 12, 1 -5 pm
Billy Hassell is a Texas-based artist with a focus on nature, conservation, and the environment. He produces oil paintings, color lithographs, and watercolors, and exhibits in galleries in Texas, Missouri, and Colorado. www.billyhassell.com
$9,000 in Prizes
Best of Show
IAC Award of Excellence
!st, 2nd, 3rd & HM awards in eight categories
The number of awards per category is contingent upon the number of entries per category. If a category has less than seven (7) entries, 1st Place and Honorable Mention will be the only awards presented for that category. Multiple Honorable Mention may be awarded within a single category.
TxN Signature Status
Earned by having five paintings exhibited in the Texas & Neighbors exhibit. This designation is retroactive. A medal and certificate are awarded. Artists who receive signature status have the right to add the TXN acronym to their paintings, plus a listing with a direct link to their websites on the TxN site.
IMAGE FORMAT REQUIREMENTS
72 or greater DPI Digital Images in JPEG format - No smaller than 1920 pixels on the longest side. 5MB maximum image file size. (CaFE requirements.)
Images of accepted entries will become the property of IAA and lAC to be used for the catalog and other printing material, archives, website, promotional, and educational purposes.
Completed entry form, digital JPEG images, and fees must be received by midnight on March 1st, 2022.
The entry fee of $55 allows up to 3 entries per artist. Pay by credit card or PayPal through CaFe.
ALL FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE.
Members of the Irving Art Association receive $10 off the entry fee. New members may join online at time of entry and are eligible to participate in the IAA Juried Members Exhibit held in June. See www.irvingartassociation.org.
SELECTION OF ENTRIES
The juror will select 75 to 85 artworks from submitted entries. Entrants will be notified of acceptance or nonacceptance by email by March 20 or 21.
Denny Doran, Exhibit Chair
Irving Art Association Exhibits Committee
P.O. Box 153581, Irving TX 75015-3581 972-721-8063 (voice mail) or by email (preferred) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Exhibitions & Educational Programs
Irving Arts Center
3333 N. MacArthur Blvd., Irving TX 75062 email@example.com (972)252-7558
Supports: canvas, panel, paper, or yupo. Two-dimensional works must classify in one of SEVEN CATEGORIES:
- Oil painting
- Water Media - Watercolor, casein and gouache
- Mixed Media / Other Media -The use of two or more media, collage, calligraphy, encaustics, or any other 2-D fine art media not included in another category. The surface build-up may not exceed 1 inch in depth.
- Drawing (Dry Media) - includes Pastel, Colored Pencil, Graphite, Ink, Silver, Gold, Conte Crayon, oil pastel, markers, scratchboard, etc.
- Photography - Film, Digital, Digitally Manipulated
- Printmaking - Hand-pulled prints. No collaborative work.
- Three-dimensional works must classify in the EIGHTH CATEGORY:
Sculpture / 3D - Any materials but must comply with content restrictions. Freestanding art to be displayed on pedestals, but must not exceed 18" in diameter, and must not exceed 36" in height. Wall-hung art limited to 50" in any dimension including frame.
Submitted works of art must be two-dimensional originals (first sievencategories), or three-dimensional (Sculpture /#D) completed within the last two years without instructor supervision. Work must not be a copy of other artists' work (including reference photographs).
Computer-generated, offset printed, collaborative, and previously ACCEPTED work into the Texas & Neighbors Regional Art competition are ineligible.
A2-D artwork is ineligible if more than the 50-inch MAXIMUM SIZE (including frame) in either dimension or less than the 12-inch MINIMUM SIZE in either dimension--or 144 square inches (excluding frame.) (11”x14’ is an acceptable size.)
Irving Art Association reserves the right to reject any works not meeting eligibility requirements, or deemed inappropriate to hang in the Irving Arts Center (including frontal nudity) even after the image has been accepted.
FRAMING / PRESENTATION
- Artwork must be framed professionally or on a minimum 1" (or more in-depth) wrapped canvas / cradled panel with all edges painted.
- Works must be wired with screw eyes or D-rings, ready to hang, with backing. No saw tooth hangers.
- Framed works with glazing larger than 16"x20" must use Plexiglas® or similar plastic glazing only. Framed works under 16"x20" may use glass.
- MINIMUM 2-D ARTWORK SIZE - 12 inches in either dimension without frame. (or 144 square inches) 11x14 is acceptable.
- MAXIMUM - 2-D: 50 inches framed size in either dimension. A diptych or triptych must be framed in a single frame. 3-D: unframed 18" in diameter; 36" in height.
- Sculpture / 3D - Freestanding art to be displayed on pedestals, but must not exceed 18" in diameter, and must not exceed 36" in height. Wall-hung art limited to 50" in any dimension including frame.
Open to all artists 18 and older living in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, and Oklahoma.